The official "Phantom wins!" topic!

The dragging of the "dead emperor" to the drum major line-up was absolutely awesome. That show was so emotional it was almost religious. The crowd reaction from the "asterisk" to the end was phenomenal.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. The dragging was spectacular, and you're right, from the asterisk to the end I don't think I heard a single not they played. The crowd was that loud. Of course, for the encore I was only ten rows back on the 40, so I go to hear everything I missed the first time.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from the show (and a little bit of a night out in Bloomington). I don't have the words. This was my first finals ever, and I just don't have the words for what I saw. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe 20 years from now.

Dude, you are spoiled forever. Or at least until another EPIC year comes along. You picked a good year to go. :worthy:

I just got back from the show (and a little bit of a night out in Bloomington). I don't have the words. This was my first finals ever, and I just don't have the words for what I saw. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe 20 years from now.

Matt, I've been to 8 Finals....and I've never seen anything like it either. Finals in 99 and 00 was similar but they were both ties..... this "JUMP" on Finals just takes the cake. Amazing.

The next noob who asks "Is drum corps dead?" is going to get a radioactive turbo-wedgie.

This may sound repetitive and overused but there are no words that I feel can truly depict a state that phans and alumni all over the world feel. So, in trying to describe these indescribable joys we say words like "PROUD, FINALLY, PERFECTION, MODEL DRUM CORPS for the FUTURE, PHAMILY and HAPPINESS." To most who have a passing interest, these words may sound empty of true meaning. However, those few who love this corps beyond description share in an event fortold, but never begotten. Just yesterday, there was a time when a future tense was the default way to speak on a PR victory in DCI alone to hold. A gold medal? Nothing but a mythological event on parrallel to the second comming of the savior himself!

Not Tonight...and thats what I am trying to get you to imagine so that you can see what we mean when we express deep emotion in these hours. A final score tonight of 98.125 means that our second in time and frozen still photo for history gaurentees an eternity from which we can recall a memory and shed a happy tear for knowing life is more than a moment. Life is a challenge that can be accomplished through true and faithful devotion. Life is an instrument with each one of us playing a pitch that is trying to find its other to create some harmony that makes sense. Life is about faith- and out of our faith as Regiment Alum, phans and friends have been rewarded today....never forget.

SUTA

PR2001

I am spartacus.....

Chris Walsh

This may sound repetitive and overused but there are no words that I feel can truly depict a state that phans and alumni all over the world feel. So, in trying to describe these indescribable joys we say words like "PROUD, FINALLY, PERFECTION, MODEL DRUM CORPS for the FUTURE, PHAMILY and HAPPINESS." To most who have a passing interest, these words may sound empty of true meaning. However, those few who love this corps beyond description share in an event fortold, but never begotten. Just yesterday, there was a time when a future tense was the default way to speak on a PR victory in DCI alone to hold. A gold medal? Nothing but a mythological event on parrallel to the second comming of the savior himself!

Not Tonight...and thats what I am trying to get you to imagine so that you can see what we mean when we express deep emotion in these hours. A final score tonight of 98.125 means that our second in time and frozen still photo for history gaurentees an eternity from which we can recall a memory and shed a happy tear for knowing life is more than a moment. Life is a challenge that can be accomplished through true and faithful devotion. Life is an instrument with each one of us playing a pitch that is trying to find its other to create some harmony that makes sense. Life is about faith- and out of our faith as Regiment Alum, phans and friends have been rewarded today....never forget.

SUTA

PR2001

I am spartacus.....

Chris Walsh

You truely made me cry with that. It is all so true. I was so excited I could barely speak for a good twenty minutes. A well deserved victory for both phan and alumni, not just the current corps.

I will not type the "S" word but will leave it for the Alumni but I will say....

I AM SPARTACUS!!!

Way to go phantom!

A very happy phan.

Well, I guess if I had to miss it, at least it was because I was in England for my niece's wedding. Way to go, Regiment!! I love you, love you, love you!!

Bob Blomberg

I'm just now getting back home after celebrating with some friends. What a night and what a performance that was tonight from Phantom! :worthy:

Seeing Regiment win DCI in my hometown is a night that I will remember and cherish for the rest of my days :worthy: