Congrats to Crown!

Congrats to Crown on an abso-tively superb show - Finis was one of two shows that elicited tears (good thing, not bad) from me - the other being Phantom - from the emotion and sheer beauty of the performance - this is my all-time favorite Crown show! :worthy:

Big props to Crown.

My only wish for them is to continue the momentum and not go the way of 2006 Bluecoats of 2000 Boston Crusaders or Blue Knights.

A curious observation: Regiment gained fame for "I march with Phantom 'cause I like 4th place...." sung to the tune of 1812 Overture. Crown plays that tune this year, and guess what happens?

:smile:

I hadn't even thought of that - but wow - that is certainly a funny coincidence! I guess Crown will be playing Spartacus next year :worthy:

And a huge congrats to Crown - even though I still think you guys should have won guard!!!!!!

Later,

Mike

Edited by Guardguy89

actually Crown was my favorite show this year. I have not had goosebumps like that since star 93.

This activity needs new blood at the top, and crown has all the right people in the right places to maybe have them contending for a championship

I believe that a 96.8 is the highest score any 4th place corps has gotten at finals, no?

As a matter of fact, it is! Big ol' props to Crown!

Thank you Crown! I have frankly been ambivalent about DCI and the direction of the corps for the most part since 1993. Over the last two years and especially this year, you have single-handedly made me a fan again. I get chills like I used to back in high school hearing Star hit one of their beautiful chords and instead of just hearing "loud" I hear "notes" which happen to be louder than anyone else. How in the hell any judge gave you 5th (FIFTH?!?!?!) in brass is a shame, but is typical for what drew me away from drum corps. Keep it up and I hope for a Jim Ott and maybe more next year.

Thanks again Crown and congratulations!

Indeed, big congrats to Crown. I would've liked to have seen them catch the Cavs, but Crown still put out one of the few shows that I'll be able to listen to alone on CDs this year, so I'm happy. Cant wait to see what they pull out next year!

I too congratulate Carolina Crown. Fantastic show that really set the bar for them, that brass section was truly amazing! So LOUD and Beautiful.