The Best Year Ever?

I know it's still REALLY REALLY early to be discussing this, but the amount of great stories, upsets, and all around exciting shows made me question, where does 2008 rank among the greatest years ever in DCI history?

Definitely the greatest year since I've been following on DCP (since 2003).

I'm with Bawker. I'll have to sit on it for a bit. But WOW!!!!

Like I said earlier... I have some friends who have been to every finals for the past 25 or so years. They sent me a text message after Regiment performed saying this was by far the best show in the history of DCI. Like Bawker, I think it will take some ti9me to put everything in perspective, but I think it is very safe to say It's a solid lock for all time top 5!

This turned out to be a really good year for drum corps, but I don't think it's the best ever. For the most part, I really enjoyed the performances. So, when was the last good year of drum corp before this one?? 2003??

Looking back...

Phantom Wins (outright...no tie)

Blue Devils with but ONE defeat all year.

24 Year scoring (semi's to finals) trend ends

Carolina Crown Contending

Top 4 going into Quarters within .5

Blue Stars back in finals WITH A BULLET

Men of Madison back in the finals dance

...sooooo

Competitively, this is (IMHO) the best year ever. Stacked from top to bottom. :worthy:

I know it's still REALLY REALLY early to be discussing this, but the amount of great stories, upsets, and all around exciting shows made me question, where does 2008 rank among the greatest years ever in DCI history?

I still have (off the top of my head). 07, 05, 03, 99, 92, and 88 better than 08 in top to bottom quality ...hooray opinions!

Edited by Huntington Mallets