The official "Please put Regiments field entrance on the DVD&quot

I don't think ESPN had anything to do with the 2008 season. I believe DCI's contract with ESPN was for them to show the production AS PROVIDED BY DCI. I would also be surprised if there was a 3 year contract, otherwise we would be seeing a finals show on ESPN.

You must've missed it earlier in the season...DCI dropped the broadcast because it was too expensive. They can still shoot the shows for their own sales....it was buying ESPN airtime that was teh cost driver.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:worthy:

Absolutely. That feed-on was absolutely terrific. Helped sell the show in a huge way.

I don't think ESPN had anything to do with the 2008 season. I believe DCI's contract with ESPN was for them to show the production AS PROVIDED BY DCI. I would also be surprised if there was a 3 year contract, otherwise we would be seeing a finals show on ESPN.

No, ESPN has everything to do with it. Read back a few posts, ESPN owns the rights, and this is the last of a 3-year deal with ESPN. ESPN has final say in how and where the show is broadcast. DCI opted out of broadcasting because the price was too high (DCI has to pay ESPN for the airtime). EVen thought DCI opted out, ESPN still owns the rights. That ends with the 2008 season. Next year DCI can do as they please.

Man, I sure hope the "Drum Majors Front & Center" gets on the DVD.... I almost fell out of my seat laughing when the 2 assistant drum majors from Phantom dragged the "dead" conductor & literally dropped him on the ground in the DM lineup. :worthy:

Just wondering if there are this many people wanting to have the entrance on the DVD wouldn't it make more sense to actually let DCI know about this. I hear this thing call email that's been around. Heck there still is this ancient device called a telephone that people would use to share information.

just saying :smile:

ps Ive emailed DCI five times already. :tongue:

PLEASE, TOM BLAIR!!!

We also need the entire score annoincements! EPIC all the way!!!!!!!!

They did show the entrance onto the field for the semi-finals streaming. So maybe if we all email DCI it will get on the DVD!!!!!