'09 Shows I want to See

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see BK do Carmina Burana or Night on Bald Mountain.

In general though, I'd like to see BK do some sort of dark opera/ballet thing, so their whole style really makes sense

A Cadets thread got me thinking, next year is practically 5 months around the corner, and it's never too soon to get ready for January camps! So in that spirit, I'm kicking around show ideas, and if enough people come up with alternatives we can try a poll down the line and vote. I'm certain all the design staffs will be watching this one very carefully, so better put our best foot forward.

Just some random ideas.......

Phantom: Music from Lord of the Rings (Never really been done and it's an EPIC movie for it's time)

Blue Devils: More of a suggestion of what "Not" to do....no more guard-esq type shows please. Hard (And I mean HARD) hitting jazz would certainly be a change for them

Cavaliers: Talk about something different....how about an Americana influenced show ?

Crown: I am not even going to make a suggestion because this team has done an awesome job making the musical part of their shows a priority. Out of their recent showings, maybe stay away from something similar to INTRANCE-IT

Cadets: Well....they have already made a choice so.....just ditch the narration

Bluecoats: Some great choices from them the last two seasons. How about ditch the narration and play music from the new batman film.....strange for you but it could work.

SCV: I think they already have it in place. I have not liked their last three musical presentations much.

Crossmen: A return to Pat M. jazz would be really cool to see/hear.

Colts: Keep doing what you have been....great choices

Spirit: Let's return to something less esoteric.

Edited by Triple Forte

Just some random ideas.......

Phantom: Music from Lord of the Rings (Never really been done and it's an EPIC movie for it's time)

Blue Devils: More of a suggestion of what "Not" to do....no more guard-esq type shows please. Hard (And I mean HARD) hitting jazz would certainly be a change for them

Cavaliers: Talk about something different....how about an Americana influenced show ?

Crown: I am not even going to make a suggestion because this team has done an awesome job making the musical part of their shows a priority. Out of their recent showings, maybe stay away from something similar to INTRANCE-IT

Cadets: Well....they have already made a choice so.....just ditch the narration

Bluecoats: Some great choices from them the last two seasons. How about ditch the narration and play music from the new batman film.....strange for you but it could work.

SCV: I think they already have it in place. I have not liked their last three musical presentations much.

Crossmen: A return to Pat M. jazz would be really cool to see/hear.

Colts: Keep doing what you have been....great choices

Spirit: Let's return to something less esoteric.

Cavies already did an Americana Influnced show in 1996 and it wasn't too competitive for them.

Pan American Sketches - Pavana (from Tres Versiones Sinfonica) * Mexican Landscape (from Latin American Sketches) * Xylophone (from Tres Versiones Sinfonica) * Piano Sonata No. 1, Fourth Movement * Third Symphony, Fourth Movement

I like the rest of your choices.

Well, this is a Phantom style show, but I'd like to see anyone do it:

A show made up of all baroque music. I'd love to see that.

For the Blue Devils: A Stan Getz show would be nice.

my 2 cents for shows don't care who does them:

Rocky Horror Picture Show - complete with audience participation

Highlights from Busby Berkeley

Ziegfeld Follies

Bruce Springsteen Tribute

Disco Daze - a Melody of all the hit disco hits

Pink Floyd vs Rolling Stones

ohhhhh the list could go on and on ....... :)

theres' a light.....over at the frankenstien place......

Edited by blueorginal

Carolina Crown and the Quest for the Holy Grail.

Featuring music from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, the Da Vinci Code, Monty Python's Spamalot, and "In the Spring, When Kings Go Off to War."

Eine Alpensinfonie, anybody with a big LOUD hornline please. Can you imagine Auf dem Gipfel with a big modified company frontish sort of thing...orgasmic.

I second.

[quote name='jjeffeory' post='2354932' date='Aug 11 2008, 09:38 PM']Cavies already did an Americana Influnced show in 1996 and it wasn't too competitive for them.[/quote]

exactly, and once the judges have weighed in who are we to question. its just like i said when pr decided to go with a spartacus redux: they didn't win with it last time, and they won't....DOH!!

There's probably enough wonderful and varied music in Howard Shore's scores of those films to support an awesome and distinct show for every world class corps out there. I have wondered why no one has touched it. Maybe copyright issues?