2008 marching band season starting

So another marching band season is starting, and I know every year at least 1 or 2 marching bands are going to put out a direct resemblance to one or more of the corps shows.

I remember the year Bluecoats did Ride, that fall at least 7 marching bands performed that song here in Iowa. In between 90 and 93, I saw no less than 21 versions of Phantom of the Opera.

We have one band that does almost exact shows from corps. They did the exact One Hand One Heart of Blue Devils 98. They did an almost exact Fiddler of SCV 92. I haven't heard their musical selections yet from this year, but I'll bet it is a direct tribute(sounds better than ripoff) of a corps show.

So what shows do you expect to be most copied this fall, or have you already heard of re-used musical selections that have already been announced?

I have the feeling we will see at least one Samauri style show, and wouldn't be surprised if we saw a bicycle show as well.

Also, which marching bands do you think have done the best shows taken directly off of a drum corps? My favorite so far was Bellevue West from Nebraska doing Cavaliers 2000 show in 02 or 03.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So another marching band season is starting, and I know every year at least 1 or 2 marching bands are going to put out a direct resemblance to one or more of the corps shows.

I remember the year Bluecoats did Ride, that fall at least 7 marching bands performed that song here in Iowa. In between 90 and 93, I saw no less than 21 versions of Phantom of the Opera.

We have one band that does almost exact shows from corps. They did the exact One Hand One Heart of Blue Devils 98. They did an almost exact Fiddler of SCV 92. I haven't heard their musical selections yet from this year, but I'll bet it is a direct tribute(sounds better than ripoff) of a corps show.

So what shows do you expect to be most copied this fall, or have you already heard of re-used musical selections that have already been announced?

I have the feeling we will see at least one Samauri style show, and wouldn't be surprised if we saw a bicycle show as well.

Also, which marching bands do you think have done the best shows taken directly off of a drum corps? My favorite so far was Bellevue West from Nebraska doing Cavaliers 2000 show in 02 or 03.

Just a guess, and I hope NO band imitates a corps show...but I bet some attempt Crown-like music.

local school here is playing scv's opener

My old school is playin part of Cavaliers 03.

I'm sure we will see 100's of "pitch bends".

I think there will be alot fo Bd copyin.

The Bandos will all bow down and give in to the forces of playing the Samuri! :tongue:

DMs getting killed on the podium.....

I swear on the potency of my privates that if any high school band tries at all to mimic Spartacus, I will personally streak through their show as a naked slave and spear the director.