Which year was better

?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Which year did you prefer?

Gotta go with 07 by a good bit. Out of the top 7, I liked Bluecoats, Crown, SCV, and The Cadets' shows a good bit more in 07. And although I liked PR, BD, and Cavaliers more this year, I still enjoyed their shows last year as well...Loved Regiment's show in 07. I also enjoyed the rest of the top 12 last year (just like this year)..I really enjoyed The Colts show from 07..

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2008 by a mile. It's already the stuff of drum corps legend.

:rock: this was kind of hard, last year i liked cavies music and this year not as much. but last year i didnt like BD and this year i did. phantom had a friend last year but not this, but spartacus was just awesome.

WHY CANT I VOTE FOR BOTH?!?!?!?! :rock:

Overall I thought 2007 was much better overall than 2008. The top 4 this year were great, but alot of corps such as Cadets, Bluecoats, Spirit, and Glassmen I just didn't feel were up to the level of their shows last year. This whole year just seemed to be missing something for me. But I am glad to see so many people enjoyed this whole year overall.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed every single corps this year, like I do most years, but the level of excitement I normally feel just wasn't there this year, and it started early in the season. Normally there are 15 or 16 shows that just make me want to get their cd/dvd RIGHT NOW. This year there were only 7.

My personal feeling was that 2008 was better from top to bottom. There were several corps battling it out for that 12th spot, and any of those (Crossmen, Colts or Madison) could have been there. Blue Stars made Finals in a BIG way, PR won for the first time since '96 and first outright, and Crown moved up into "big boy" status. I feel 2008 was one of the strongest and most interesting years in a LONG time. Just my opinion of course.