Auditions 2009

It's pretty easy to figure out after you read a couple posts about it.

I personally find it funny.

There are people who never liked INT.

It's ok. We understand. We'll give'm a break.

But INT is no laughing matter.

We'd all be pretty uncomfortable if we lost INT in Drum Corps.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I auditioned for Phantom Regiment in '08. Made it. Suffered a knee injury at a camp.

Be back this year with the OK from the doctor.

I might go out for Pioneer so I can finally experience the DCI scene. It's gonna take some work to fully understand the ins and outs of a baritone, but I would love to march next year. Hopefully, I'll be able to.

First off I have to learn something that I can use in a drum corps. (Music Ed Major...concentration on Oboe, Sax in Marching Band).

My lips seem to be built more for low brass...but I'm such a tiny weak person that it probably wouldn't work out. I'm taking a "High Brass" methods class this semester, so hopefully that will help me out. I know almost nothing about percussion, and basically nothing about spinning. Unfortunately the only thing I am confident at being very good at is conducting, and most corps do not allow first year members as Drum Majors.

Right now I'm stuck between Capital Regiment, Glassmen, and Madison Scouts as choices. Capital Regiment would be the most possible choice because they might be Open Class next sesaon(?), but they are on the opposite side of my college(BGSU, near Toledo). Glassmen are very close to my college, but they are much more likely not to need a newbie like me because of how high up in talent level they are in comparison. And of course my dream corps Madison Scouts; farther away, and probably less likely to need me...but my goal for the next 3 years is to march with them.

Then of course...is the $$$ problem...

I age out in 2011(I think), so I don't have a lot of time...but the important thing is I'm trying.

I might go out for Pioneer so I can finally experience the DCI scene. It's gonna take some work to fully understand the ins and outs of a baritone, but I would love to march next year. Hopefully, I'll be able to.

then your going to have to change your sig.

so where does one get INT audition music? it would be fun, they usually end up right in the thick of things...

scouts is where i should be in nov depending on upcoming events.

and ill play anything from trumpet to euph... not hating on tuba or anything, but i would prefer trumpet