PR show idea

There were a considerable nuimber of posts and people who felt that their was too much violence involved in Spartacus. I couldn't even imagine how the crowds would feel when they watch the drum major sneak up behind the guard girls and procced to attack them sexually. Still think that it would be a great idea?

The music is first-rate.

I said I think it is a great movie - I don't know that it would translate well to the field (to put it mildly). It is, shall we say, ultra-violent. But at the end when Alex states 'I was cured, all right', and the audience initially feels relief, but than you have to stop and say 'Woah - wait a minute...' It is a very disturbing film and plot.

Now, if someone was really clever and could juxtapose the music of Clockwork Orange onto a completely different (perhaps even a diametrically opposite) plot, that could be interesting.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The music is first-rate.

I said I think it is a great movie - I don't know that it would translate well to the field (to put it mildly). It is, shall we say, ultra-violent. But at the end when Alex states 'I was cured, all right', and the audience initially feels relief, but than you have to stop and say 'Woah - wait a minute...' It is a very disturbing film and plot.

Now, if someone was really clever and could juxtapose the music of Clockwork Orange onto a completely different (perhaps even a diametrically opposite) plot, that could be interesting.

That I might go with. Music is music, but to bring the show to the field, then you have to bring the show to the field, not easy to do with the shows premise. I think it would be on par with trying to bring Roots to the field. I don't think many crowds would like to see a slave being depicted for sale..... , but Spartacus slaves being killed..... :cool: Just overall a violent show, far more violent than the 81 venture.

oof. No thanks, not for me. Not to say it isn't brilliant, but I'm not sure I could stomach it on the field. I know it makes no sense in the context of your point because I'm sure the full story of Spartacus when viewed in full production is just as violent and painful. Maybe it's a girl thing, considering the very graphic nature of the violence against women in Clockwork. And, unlike Phantom's rendition of the story of Spartacus, there is no real cathartic moment to release all of that tension. (at least I don't feel it)
Hey Territroop, it isn't just a girl thing. I just watched that movie yesterday and would have to say that any drum corps DUMB enough to do a show based on RAPE ( two attempted and one actual ) would be pretty stupid and pathetic. Those that find this to be their favorite movie, please seek some help for that disorder.
There were a considerable number of posts and people who felt that their was too much violence involved in Spartacus. I couldn't even imagine how the crowds would feel when they watch the drum major sneak up behind the guard girls and proceed to attack them sexually. Still think that it would be a great idea?

I guess I forgot the :cool: :cool: :cool: Seriously, folks, joke post. I thought my original post was satirical and over the top enough........Though if someone did Dancer in the Dark and someone did A Clockwork Orange...I think picking the most disturbing movies you could find and making a show out of them would be an interesting design paradigm, to say the least.

I guess I forgot the :cool: :cool: :cool: Seriously, folks, joke post. I thought my original post was satirical and over the top enough........Though if someone did Dancer in the Dark and someone did A Clockwork Orange...I think picking the most disturbing movies you could find and making a show out of them would be an interesting design paradigm, to say the least.

Oh, phew. good!

I don't know anything about Dancer in the Dark. Guess I better go find out more.

SPOILER ALERT

RE: Dancer in the Dark

The protagonist is a blind woman trying to make money to keep her son from also going blind. She loses her job, and gets thrown in jail when she shoots a guy who was trying to take her savings. After a long, gut-wrenching scene, she is hanged to death. The End. Disturbing.

SPOILER ALERT

RE: Dancer in the Dark

The protagonist is a blind woman trying to make money to keep her son from also going blind. She loses her job, and gets thrown in jail when she shoots a guy who was trying to take her savings. After a long, gut-wrenching scene, she is hanged to death. The End. Disturbing.

As opposed to Spartacus ... Not nearly enough violence. :cool:

I was serious about mine, though.

As opposed to Spartacus ... Not nearly enough violence. :cool:

A few years ago when I lived in northern VA and the Washinton DC sniper attacks were happening, someone had the idea for a show 'Sniper Hunt'

Talk about violent and poor taste, how about a percussion feature of 'Another one bites the dust'

How about this one -

Return to the Winter Palace - Music of Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 4