Who is the best corps NEVER to win a DCI TITLE ?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen to that. When one organization has won 1/3 of your titles, it does get boring. Some years I wanted to start a group called the A.B.D.D.(Anybody but the Blue Devils).

Problem is, then you have to put up with Cavies/Cadets every other year.

What do you mean by this post topic with saying "Now that Phantom has won their first "solo" title." Are you saying 1996 doesn't count? I'm so sick of hearing that. They have won 2 titles. Period. How come no one discounts the BD title that year, or any other corps who has tied at the top?

Ugh....get off it. I'm a phantom 'fan' (not quite a phan), but I'm still happy they have a solo title myself. I can say that, and mean it, while in no way diminishing the 96 corps. I doubt BD, Cavies, Cadets, and SCV care much about their shared titles, considering they pretty much have owned the trophy for 30 years anyway. You honestly think the 2000 cadets are HAPPY that they went undefeated all season, only to tie at the end?? Im sure a medal is a medal, and a score is a score, but it is pretty much impossible to look at a tie the EXACT same way as an outright win...because it is somehow different, no matter how much you pretend it isnt...

Edited by salad315

What do you mean by this post topic with saying "Now that Phantom has won their first "solo" title." Are you saying 1996 doesn't count? I'm so sick of hearing that. They have won 2 titles. Period. How come no one discounts the BD title that year, or any other corps who has tied at the top?

[/quote

Don't get you underwear in a knot here, relax....breathe.

I have been a Phantom fan since I first saw them on PBS in 1975. I love their choice to play classical music every year, I love it.

I wasn't saying that Phantom's first title in 1996 doesn't count, by any stretch of your imagination. It's just so much nicer when you're the only top banana.

What I meant by that was, that this year there is no doubt that they are the WORLD CHAMPION !!

I have heard from drum corps fans that cheer for Phantom and Blue Devils, their corps should have won the 1996 on their own and that no tie should have happened.

I hate it when there is a TIE for the top spot. :drool:

I also hope that in the future that if someone has a QUESTION from something I have posted that you email or PM me for my response. Thanks.

Edited by Walter

27th, Muchacos and Troopers

Because only one corps deserved to win the title in 1996 and it wasn't Phantom?

Because only one corps deserved to win the title in 1996 and it wasn't Phantom?

Oh lame, let's not start this. :sad::drool:

I believe the Bluecoats moved in after the 2006 season.

Bluecoats didn't beat Blue Devils until mid-2007.

Interesting take. However, all any corps needs to do to receive a medal at finals is to put a show on the field worthy of it, then perform it. Perhaps (using your logic) DCI should have a "winners can't receive any medal for three years following their championship" policy... put the top three in an exhibition category and let the others go for it. That's the way to get medals in everyones hand. OR..have the top six in one category and bottom 6 in another, lots of medals for all the kiddies!

OR..just have a no numbers at all...everyone gets a :drool: pin like T-ball. Lord knows we don't want you bored!

Just looking at it from an unemotional or marketing angle not rooting for one corps or another....I DID NOT PUT THE BLUE DEVILS DOWN IN ANY WAY............just what if the Miami Dolphins (1972 undefeated-considered by many the greatest NFL team of all time) were to win every 3rd year or the Boston Celtics (which won 11/13 times 57-69) had continued winning that way. Nowadays fans would get bored. Ratings would be down. Likewise this year the NBA had a big raise in their ratings with a Celtics/Lakers Finals.

Not that DCI should change scoring to improve ratings.

Some Blue Devils shows I think are classic and some bore the S&*%^ out of me, which I can say for almost all corps. Sorry I offended you Blue Devil sensibilities.