Pearson Out at Santa Clara Vanguard

Pearson steps down as Vanguard Director

Jeff Pearson Steps Down as Santa Clara Vanguard Corps Director

August 19, 2008

After three years of leading the Santa Clara Vanguard (SCV) Jeff Pearson has decided to step down as Program Manager and Corps Director. During Pearson's tenure the Vanguard placed as high as fifth in the Drum Corps International (DCI) World Class rankings, its Vanguard Cadets recently won the DCI Open Class championship, and its winter color guard placed fourth at the Winter Guard International finals in 2008.

Pearson steps down as Vanguard Director

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if Jeff Fiedler will take over full time . . .how weird would that be for SCV/Cavalier showdowns in the future?

Regardless, kudos to Mr. Pearson; some good years for the program, especially as the competitive barometer overall in DCI has increased.

Jeff Fiedler has been wanting to step down from the director's chair for a while for what I've read over the years when he was still with the Cavies. I don't really see him taking over, at least not permanently.

Wow. That came outta left field.

Jeff Pearson is a good guy, however, after this year's disappointing season, this comes as no surprise. As far as Jeff Fiedler taking over as director, I seriously doubt this will happen. In fact, I am quite confident it won't happen. No offense to Jeff Fiedler intended.

I was stunned looking at the message. This is truly sad.

Jeff Pearson is an amazing man, with a multitude of talent wrapped in a humanitarian demeanor that is a rare find. Always approachable, always kind. It is great to hear that he will still be involved with the organization - and hopefully that means Kathy too.

Whatever business, whatever field, they'll be lucky to have you. Best wishes to the entire family!

Mav