o rite :tongue:

That encounter was hilarious.

"...you know Emma?!"

"I think everyone does."

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom was/is very respectful of the female gender in drum lines...he always treated me like a lady and yet, I was still one of the "guys" in the line, you might say! I think that I was one of the lucky ones in my drum corps career that was never treated otherwise, unlike some other horrific stories I've heard about from some of my female colleagues who marched in other DCI corps. He gave my mom the high drums trophy at the SCV show just because I mentioned to the line at camp that it was the only show that she goes to each year...that's class!

Yup, you're right, that's Tom :)

Heck we got used to the swearing gosh darn it.

At a practice, one of our drum instructors realized he was teaching the B band...

"You sound like...

he stopped for a second or two

"doggie doo"

Edit: btw I work in a cubicool with alot of nice baffle buddies (spelling error was on purpose) :smile:

Edited by lindap

I played snare in '84 & '85 in the Illiana Lancers (Chicago). Joe was my instructor back then. when I went to BD, I played drumset in '91. It was the first year they ever had an actual sit down drumset. In '92 I played a little bit of everything in the pit. I'll always be a snare drummer at heart though. I'll let Joe know to get in touch with you. Thanks for the chat!

Dean

Cool Beans! I will be viewing the '91 and '92 BD Legacy DVD's this weekend to "check you out!" Another "Floatism" was if something really sucked it was "rank as snot!"

Collected over the years:

2003:

"I want to meet your parents. -=slight pause=- So I can tell them how much I hate all of you and how I hate them for bringing you into the world." - Matt Hurley

2004:

"This is the 'f**k you' chord and you're playing it like thanksgiving dinner!!!!" - Chris Bernotas

"HORNLINE! I swear, if you miss ONE MORE release I'm going to make you run to JESUS!!!"

-=pause=-

"And just so you know, that's an INFINITE DISTANCE!!!!" - Matt Stratton

2005:

"You guys got to breathe like motherf*****s!" - can't remember the guy's name

(referring to a 5/4 bar with 2 beats of rest in the middle of which a trumpet or mello kept coming in a beat early every rep) "That hole is for the audience to fall into, NOT YOU!" - Dave Eck

2008:

"Chicks dig straight legs." - Bobby Jones

Trust me, most of these examples are not mean..but they sure are funny! It may be difficult to understand from the perspective of reading the posts without having the experience as a member. It's not just the words, but the situation, inflection, and relationship that members have with staff. I'm sure many of us reading these are visualizing our own instructors as we read and laugh. For the most part, these are fond memories of days gone by...

yup yup.....good stuff

He means that if you work in a cubicle, you suck.

Thanks, I understood the message. I didn't "understand the metaphor" because the metaphor is asinine. To use someone whose office is a cubicle as a metaphor for a wimp or a quitter is moronic. I refrained from blasting this idiotic post earlier because I can see by this poster's sig that he is still in college. I understand what he is trying to say and agree with most of his thoughts (expect this cubicle BS and setting perfection as a goal).

Thanks, I understood the message. I didn't "understand the metaphor" because the metaphor is asinine. To use someone whose office is a cubicle as a metaphor for a wimp or a quitter is moronic. I refrained from blasting this idiotic post earlier because I can see by this poster's sig that he is still in college. I understand what he is trying to say and agree with most of his thoughts (expect this cubicle BS and setting perfection as a goal).

Also, working in a cubicle doesn't mean you didn't make something of yourself. I work in a cubicle and I consider myself pretty successful. And, once my company moves into the new building, EVERYONE will be in a cubicle except for the Senior Vice Presidents. Maybe one could say quite the opposite. If you're NOT in a cubicle maybe you're a ditch digger or something. (Not that there's anything wrong with a ditch digger.)