THANK YOU Phantom Regiment's Jim Wren

Jim Wren was among my favorite staff guys to get a pep talk from. Love him.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who knows their history of Phantom Regiment, knows that Jim Wren IS Phantom Regiment. Without Jim Wren, there would be no 1812 Overture, no Spartacus, no New World, no Elsa's Procession. Without him and a handful of others, the corps would have never come back from the fire that devistated the corps during the 60's.

Jim Wren is also one of the nicest, modest, down-to-earth people you will ever meet. I considered it an honor to play in a hornline with his music.

Edited by SpookyKid

NOPE -- Not unless the Lord Jesus graces us by starting to write brass charts for Phantom................

(paraphrased from Talladega Nights) - would that be the tiny baby Jesus or the grown up Jesus?

Who does he arrange for?...

:rolleyes:

INT. :w00t:

thanks for answering the question.

again, Who is INT?

Anyone who knows their history of Phantom Regiment, knows that Jim Wren IS Phantom Regiment. Without Jim Wren, there would be no 1812 Overture, no Spartacus, no New World, no Elsa's Procession.

Jim Wren is also one of the nicest, modest, down-to-earth people you will ever meet. I considered it an honor to play in a hornline with his music.

Agreed, as I had the pleasure of his tutelage for four years.

However, as I remember it and I could have a faulty memory here but, I believe Elsa's was actually written by someone else. I can see him, I just can't recall his name. Someone help me here!