The UN-official Drum Corps Dictionary

OK... here's something different. I picked up this idea from a message board on another topic. The idea here to add words and or phrases that can be compiled into an unofficial dictionary of sorts. Feel free to add words from your drum corps experience as well as their defenitions. Slang and inside terms are encouraged. Let's begin:

(PLEASE FOLKS, LETS KEEP THIS CIVIL!! DO NOT BASH OR DEFAME ANYONE. AND YES, THIS INCLUDES HOP!)

Starting Line - The starting position of a corps before the begin their performance.

Brandt Crocker - Longtime Voice of DCI

Don't Tic - To not suck. LOL

Tater Tot Surprise - A favorite meal of drum corps chef's everywhere, often served for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Contents unknown.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite: Budusey. Not sure if I'm spelling that correctly. It is defined as a combination of three smells: booty, dick, and pu#@%. It is used to describe the smell of a tour bus that gets esspecially ripe.

My other favs:

tickbox

frakmaster

doing your homework

bagging out

snowbeast

I could go on.

Playing the Game - the act of passing trash from the front of the bus to the back of the bus, or vice versa, and the amount of people you have to wake up and #### off in order to do so. Extra points for involving the driver while he/she is shifting gears. Must be announced by tapping the person in front/behind you while saying "Play the Game!"

Edited by Newseditor44

tickbox - someone who seems to manage to tick every rep.

bag out/bagging out - a person who either pretends to be sick because they can't handle it, or someone who doesn't play during the show because they aren't in good enough shape.

Competitive Inertia - a made up excuse for the people who want their corps to win.

SYS/Second Year Syndrome - when a 2nd year veteran comes back and thinks they are the greatest thing in the world because they have marched 1 season of corps.

Supervet/Superageout - a veteran or ageout who believes that since they have been a member of the corps for many years that they can be as rude and hateful as possible to all other members of the drum corps with no consequences.

Stadium Day - excuse for the staff to schedule 5 hour back to back blocks.

Rule # 9 - Figure it out.