jump the shark

To me, "Pulling a Lynn Johnston" is just a current replacement for "Pulling a Tom Clancy".

...but I (we) digress...

Didn't last year's "This I Believe" come pretty close to nuking the fridge?

I think Sarah Jones rode the 'fridge this season.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Nuking the Fridge" is SO three months ago.

Now the term is "Pulling a Lynn Johnston."

Lynn, the creator of the comic strip, "For Better or Worse," is keeping the strip alive even though she is no longer the sole artist. And after this coming Sunday, all new strip development will end, and yet the strip will live on, recycling strips from up to 28 years ago and giving them new art and text.

Yes, I for one feel "Nuking the fridge" is already passé and has commenced "Pulling a Lynn Johnston."

Totally off topic here - but I really liked the fact that she always kept her strip running in real time - that was very rare to see.

Later,

Mike

"Nuking the Fridge" is SO three months ago.

Now the term is "Pulling a Lynn Johnston."

Lynn, the creator of the comic strip, "For Better or Worse," is keeping the strip alive even though she is no longer the sole artist. And after this coming Sunday, all new strip development will end, and yet the strip will live on, recycling strips from up to 28 years ago and giving them new art and text.

Yes, I for one feel "Nuking the fridge" is already passé and has commenced "Pulling a Lynn Johnston."

Well, years ago that strip went too far in my book when Farley died. Perhaps the phrase should be "Drowned the sheepdog?"

I saw something similar in the Green Team's drill. Its called jump the Cavalier! :tongue:

Well, years ago that strip went too far in my book when Farley died. Perhaps the phrase should be "Drowned the sheepdog?"

Farley was 14 when he died in 1995. If he was still living, he'd be a sheepdog 27 years old.

Not as old as some programming concepts, but getting there.

I miss my daily dose of The Far Side.

Just thought I'd say that. :rock:

Fran