Carolina Crown or Bluecoats

Im surprised at how this thread is turning out.

15 or so for bloo

11 for crown

a toss up or two.

I would have thought that with all the crown hype that it would be ridiculously one sided for them....

well for me, its obvious.

I blEEd BLOO

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of a simple poll- can I ask what about Bloo's shows the crowd enjoys more? When I think Bloo, I think very programmatic shows- lots of story telling, good music, very involved guard work (that some seem to find distracting).

On the other hand, when I think CC, I think epic hornline moments, and sweet guardwork. Maybe not as much of a story, but definitely a comprehensive show that flows...

so is it just personal preference, or am I missing something?

Look beyond just the past two years. This season is the only show Bloo has had recently that could really be called "story-telling" - though 2007 had a very literal theme as well. The rest of their shows this decade have had no story to them. I would call Crown's 2007 show every bit as programmatic as Bluecoats 2008. Crown's hornlines have been pretty good for the last several seasons, but I wouldn't have called them 'epic' until this past year. Bluecoats have had some good hornlines as well, placing first in that caption throughout much of the 2006 season.

Look beyond just the past two years. This season is the only show Bloo has had recently that could really be called "story-telling" - though 2007 had a very literal theme as well. The rest of their shows this decade have had no story to them. I would call Crown's 2007 show every bit as programmatic as Bluecoats 2008. Crown's hornlines have been pretty good for the last several seasons, but I wouldn't have called them 'epic' until this past year. Bluecoats have had some good hornlines as well, placing first in that caption throughout much of the 2006 season.

Definitely fair- I didn't consistently see shows untill these past two years.

I am, however, taking advantage of the fan network to bone up on my history. Just haven't gotten to bloo or CC yet.

It has been nice, in the last 3 years, we have had 2 new corps break into the top 4. Bluecoats in 06, and Crown in 08.

So just curious, which of these 2 corps do you enjoy watching more?

Up until 2005, I would have chosen Bluecoats. They have always put on some very entertaining and enjoyable shows. I have liked every show I have seen by them.

But then after 2005, something seemed to happen in Crown. It had been building up for a few years prior, but in 2006 something just clicked. I don't know whether it was staff, returning vets, musical director, drill design team, or just a combination, but the last 3 years they have just totally thrilled me with their productions.

I would love to see either of these corps become our next new champion. Both corps are fantastic, but as for right now, I think Crown has edged out Bluecoats for being just a little more entertaining, at least to me.

Which corps shows do you enjoy more?

I enjoy them both.

But I enjoy Crown's shows more than Bluecoats.

I marched Bloo, so I AM biased ... and while I hate the fact that CCrown has "overtaken" the Bluecoats a little bit the past two seasons as "the next big corps" at the top, it's nearly impossible to not like CC's shows ...

But really -- if I try to take my Bloo blood out of the equation ... which I can't, but I can try ... it's just about even between the two lately, with the Bluecoats having a much greater history to draw from. CCrown is certainly getting there and might be a little ahead "lately," but the Bluecoats' history is much more vast.

And isn't this like asking me what I want on my pizza ... it's gonna to be good either way!!

-OR-

I ate lunch at the Olive Garden today and had the "never-ending pasta bowl" ... choosing between Bluecoats and CCrown is a lot like my choice today -- Asiago Garlic Alfredo or Regular Alfredo? And which pasta -- aren't they all great, just in different shapes???

:tongue: and :worthy: to both the Bluecoats and CCrown!!!

Edited by BlueR36

I find myself appreciating Crown more and more.

After these past few years they really have built up alot of momentum,

and I think this past season proves that, and proves it strongly.

Well, I'm a biased PR honk, so I still enjoy PR's shows more the last 4 years. And I don't like having to choose between Blooo and Crown, so I'll just say that I have enjoyed both corps' shows more than BD, Cadets and Cavies the last two years.

Keep it up!