You talk toooo much !

judging is a joke a little bit. you can only rate something like music to a point. marching i think you can rate entirely, but something as open and emotional as music, there's always going to be opinion. it's not a race, it's not technical.. it's what sounds nice TO ME. and thats my OPINION lol.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Definition of a troll post. No discussion desired, just a closed mind, trying to elicit responses.

Do not feed the trolls.

From the so called troll!

You all do not really understand;

We are not talking about statements,

we are discussing performance!

Drum and Bugle Corps are not TALKING

Corps, unless you are BLAST or some

other BROADWAY show on a stage.

Not a field competition.

I may be wrong but having marched

and taught corps we were about playing

and Marching.

UTYCEZ; Grantham Police Boys

Toronto Optimists

Commanders

Oakland Crusaders

De La Salle

Niagara Regionaires

From the so called troll!

You all do not really understand;

We are not talking about statements,

we are discussing performance!

Drum and Bugle Corps are not TALKING

Corps, unless you are BLAST or some

other BROADWAY show on a stage.

Not a field competition.

I may be wrong but having marched

and taught corps we were about playing

and Marching.

UTYCEZ; Grantham Police Boys

Toronto Optimists

Commanders

Oakland Crusaders

De La Salle

Niagara Regionaires

Actually, since 2004 drum corps can and do 'talk' on the field, as well as sing into mics. It's part and parcel of the musical presentation for those who choose to use those design elements in their shows. So I guess you ARE wrong after all.

I marched in a corps that nearly got kicked out of VFW Nats in 1970 for forming a Peace Sign...and who titled our 1972 show "No More War", complete with a placemat sized photo handout with a decidedly anti-war spin to the photos...The Cadets.

Likewise we had a show called Woodstock complete with a riot and followed the next year with West Side Story and yes there were the obvious racial overtones and a knife fight. We thought we were being entertaining. Who knew it would come to this!?

Puppet

Actually, since 2004 drum corps can and do 'talk' on the field, as well as sing into mics. It's part and parcel of the musical presentation for those who choose to use those design elements in their shows. So I guess you ARE wrong after all.

Yes mike I have watched the evelution of our BELOVED pass time.

If talkin in a show is here to stay let it at least compliment the program.

The D.C.I. is now a days about show business and I guess what ever

works to win the crowd over bring it on.

By the way mike thanks for the avatar tips.

UTYCEZ

On March On

Yes mike I have watched the evelution of our BELOVED pass time.

If talkin in a show is here to stay let it at least compliment the program.

The D.C.I. is now a days about show business and I guess what ever

works to win the crowd over bring it on.

By the way mike thanks for the avatar tips.

UTYCEZ

On March On

No prob on he avatar stuff.

Not every show works the way the designers originally intended, with or without narration and/or singing. That's the risk designers always take when they design a show....always has been.

Well, according to Rut-roh:

One of the greatest and most emotional shows I have ever seen was the 1984 Suncoast Sound. A show rife with political statements, both subtle and the kind that literally smacked you in the face and demanded to be noticed

and it covered all sides. way ahead of it's time

Fail. I didn't care for that show, because of the political statement. And there weren't any amps in the show, I'm pretty sure. So, no, not an anti-amp thing. But thanks for trying to derail the OP's thought. To each his/her own, I guess.

Epic fail, on your part. I was around for that show, and I can tell you that the corps wasn't making any political statement at all...the show stood on it's own. That show was so layered it went far beyond any "make love, not war" ideals.

100% of the controversy (which actually paled compared to the controversy in 1985) was by so-called "old school" fans and people who heard ABOUT the show but never saw and heard it. It was the drum corps equivalent to protesters picketing a movie before actually seeing it.

No prob on he avatar stuff.

Not every show works the way the designers originally intended, with or without narration and/or singing. That's the risk designers always take when they design a show....always has been.

OK When do we see BEN HUR or EL CID?

Chariots and horses!

EH! ha ha ha