Star United and the Finals Exhibition

. I think that this particular sidebar discussion is bred of simple misunderstanding between the two of you...

You may be correct, as that is clearly not what I am saying. That's why I reiterated and then reinforced what I said earlier with more clarity.

There's an entire weekend of events covering the entire gambit of the activity. If what is happening in the minicorps activity is not to their liking, then perhaps Alumni or Open Class or A or...or...or...

Clearly not a shot at the Alums. I really wish I could get to see them every year. I only ever get to see whomever is in exhibition at whatever show we happen to be up in the Northeast for each year, and that's precious few.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate anyone. DCA is indeed changing..... I have to tell you about the T-birds though because I'm proud of these guys. We played part of our standard alumni corps book & our first fully attended mini corps rehearsal was the night before the show. We are tickled beyond words to have scored a 91 and tied with the 2nd place open class field corps Minne-Brass. You guys all worked at this a lot harder than we did and deserve to win. Congratulations Star.

Well I have to say that I hate to read some of the negative sentiment within this thread as I hoped the Star bashing was long gone or isolated to the DCI ranks. I know how excited those that have been a part of Star United were to finally get to perform again and approach it in the same way we did when we were a junior corps that went away 15 years ago.

I would not at all call them a group of professionals, no offense brothers, but a group of dedicated people that love what they do. I am not sure that is any different than any of the other mini corps but I find it sad that they are being labelled differently.

If we want to try and put it into perspective I was called in '06 & '07 with about a month before DCA to see if I could come and play with the group as numbers were lacking. I am FAR from being a professional as I have played a horn far less than 10 times since I aged out in '92. The times that I did play was for funerals of those that I marched with and trust me nobody is going to pay to hear me play a brass instrument :sad: .

Gary - don't let facts get in the way of your fantasy and as we were always taught to say... "Thanks.. you have a very nice drum corps."

Edited by General Blunt

Gary - don't let facts get in the way of your fantasy and as we were always taught to say... "Thanks.. you have a very nice drum corps."

Dear Mr Blunt,................as we are discussing matter using typed information, with little to no emotion displayed, except for condecending commentary such as yours above,...............please review MY posts, and if you wish to take issue with any of MY comments, please do so dirrectly, as I stand by what I type.

Strutta, thanks for the compliments! Sean related your conversation to us on the bus, and I wish we had been able to pull out all that Stah S*$T for 'ya

EXCELLENT translation Jeff. You deserve some 'Wicked, Pissa CHOWDAH'!!! (Our SCV Alumni friends should recall that one.)

If the Irish National team gets paid to do it, then yes.

Before the USA started using pros on the Olympic Hockey Team or Basketball Team, The Soviet Union use to come to the Olympics and use their professionally paid Hockey Team and kick the siht out of everyone. So what did we do? We fought fire with fire, and used our basketball pros in I think 1984 when we put out the "Dream Team" and proceeded to kick the siht out of everyone as well.

Nothing wrong with it......IMHO

Now....if someone can figure out a way to beat Star at their game, then the world will be balanced again. But until then.......KICK OUR ASESS STAR!!!!!! :sad:

(Edited to use all the letters I needed in the mispelled words to get my point across while using the same letters needed)

Actually Frank, I believe the Dream Team was 92, but your point is well taken. Then there is the USA hockey team of amatuers in 80 who beat those pro Russians!! So it can be done...... which is exactly why Mass Brass will be playing Star in Hockey next year!!

Dear Mr Blunt,................as we are discussing matter using typed information, with little to no emotion displayed, except for condecending commentary such as yours above,...............please review MY posts, and if you wish to take issue with any of MY comments, please do so dirrectly, as I stand by what I type.

Considering the tack you have taken to question the artistic integrity of Star United and of the members themselves, that is an interesting statement...one might go so far as to call it hypocritical...and I do.

... as I stand by what I type.

You mean your assertion that SU is made up of "pro" players? Even when proven wrong? Even when you ignore people like Joey Pero & Donnie?

There will ALWAYS be a certain amount of people in our activity to make SOME money playing....Phil Norris from SoCal Dream in 04 springs to mind....that hardly gave us the unfair advantage you seem to be laying on Star U.

Or how about Skajerk? Randy had his own Ska BAND when he lived in California....that hardly gave Renegades an advantage...

Really, the continual 20+ legacy of hate directed at Star and it's successors got old in 1986...people jumped all over them for having the good fortune to have Bill give a huge chunk of money to start the corps....even though EVERY ONE OF US has said at one time or another that's what they'd do it we hit the lottery.

Pot, meet kettle.

Star U is good because -- gee whiz-- they work at it just like everyone else. Get the #### over it!

Wow.

So what music are you guys doing next year?

:sad: