Rochester Review

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinion is an entitlement, but criticism carries the obligation of justification.

The right to an opinion does not afford the right to be innaccurate.

I liked both of those statements. They were closely mirrorred by the late Sen Daniel Patrick Moynihans famous "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts."

Also, I know it is extremely hard work to write a review. I for one would have an extreme difficult time doing one. I'd probably have to take notes during the show just to remember. Once I write it, I'd actually try to be like you Dale, be as fair and equal as possible and be consistent. If I say something for one corps, do the same for the others.

However it's your last few posts that just seem out of place like telling people how to write one. Different writing styles for different people. I do apologize for my previous comment, I just want people to understand, not everyone would write the review the same way. Again, I apologize.

and that in essence is the issue i guess as well. it seemed to me people were telling the guy how to do it instead of taking what he said for what it is and applying a grain of salt. one of the reasons i took time away from DCP was I was tired of getting #### for what I wrote in reviews. Funny, no one emails me when they go into DCW, but then again, I can be more....blunt...here ( no knock on DCW btw, they just don't want wording I sometimes use....i guess F bombs don't sell papers :bigsmile: )

overall, even if people may feel he was "wrong", he did a great job.

I'd rather read how he really feels than read "Thanks......you have a very nice corps".

It's not about that - we're (Bush) not supposed to get invloved in DCP drama, that's all. He knows that.

Sometimes, it's just too hard to pass up. :bigsmile:

Don't take this as a shot, but hopefully my body has a few more years in me to march. After than we shall see.

I didn't mean stop marching. I meant stop talking. :bigsmile:

I have PLENTY of years left in my body to march. Just because I'm overweight, doesn't mean I can't march circles around 75% of our hornline!! I have socks older than you! OK, I've gone too far.

Edited by bumo27

I didn't mean stop marching. I meant stop talking. :bigsmile:

I have PLENTY of years left in my body to march. Just because I'm overweight, doesn't mean I can't march circles around 75% of our hornline!! I have socks older than you! OK, I've gone too far.

I was talking about writing a review.