Open or World

Tuba92

Now, while I'm not trying to speak for our band director (Tuba92 and I go to school together), I think one of the reasons why he may be so keen on Spirit is because he has had 3 of his students do Spirit this past year (one of them a contra) and probably thinks Tuba92 would fit in with us there, since he will already know people. But maybe that isn't what he is thinking. I dunno.

First I tried convincing him to do Magic so he could be a charter member, because that would be pretty awesome. Then I started thinking about it, and I thought he might prefer Mempho. I've talked to a contra friend I have there, and seemed to really enjoy it. Magic of Mobile and Memphis, how do you think the tour schedule would be? About how many in each section are you expecting? Answers to questions like those may help Tuba92 choose a corps. I really do want him to march this season. I know he would love it, and I agree with the many who said no matter where you march, it will be a great experience.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of right now We are not sure of our 2009 tour dates.

We will know more about our tour in January of 09.

We would like to have 12 contras on the field in 09.

As of right now We are not sure of our 2009 tour dates.

We will know more about our tour in January of 09.

We would like to have 12 contras on the field in 09.

Does DCI even give out tour dates to corps that haven't been evaluated yet? I'm not trying to start a flame war. I ask because I don't know.

Memphis will be taking a full tour in 2009. At this time we are weighing our options as to what would be most beneficial to our members.

We are looking at either taking a West Coast swing or going back East. Still up in the air.

Come east! Not only are there a ton of great shows here, but your members can see Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York, and Boston!

i too liked doing an east coast tour this year. it was a blasty blast.

wherever you decide to march, tuba, i think you'll have the time of your life. it's certainly a neat experience

In the even you can't afford a DCI corps, take a look at Music City Legend in Nashville. We are a DCA corps and about 1/3 the cost of a DCI corps.

Our brass caption head, Joe Murphy, is a professional tuba player. DCA corps are all age and generally weekend only corps.

Here is a clip of us a finals this year.

http://api.smugmug.com/gallery/5834808_BMr...4091_Tx7sS-A-LB

Edited by imperial guard 80_82

Does DCI even give out tour dates to corps that haven't been evaluated yet? I'm not trying to start a flame war. I ask because I don't know.

The schedule is usually determined after the January meetings. Don't expect to see anything until then.

My only wish for the DCI-Pacific schedule would be to have as many DCI-P members as possible at the "DCI West Championship" if they do that again at Stanford. Seems VK, Gold, Oregon Crusaders, Spokane Thunder, Impulse and Incognito were all left out of the competition. Would have been nice to have Troopers, Academy and Blue Knights there, too. (And Cascades in 09.) Dream should have been there for the all-age portion as well. Otherwise, it should be the "DCI West Invitational."

Hey, if they need to, have a prelims in the afternoon if there's a curfew problem at night.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

In the even you can't afford a DCI corps, take a look at Music City Legend in Nashville. We are a DCA corps and about 1/3 the cost of a DCI corps.

Our brass caption head, Joe Murphy, is a professional tuba player. DCA corps are all age and generally weekend only corps.

Here is a clip of us a finals this year.

http://api.smugmug.com/gallery/5834808_BMr...4091_Tx7sS-A-LB

Joe Murphy is amazing. Trust me.

I understand why your band director would be against joining a first year corps. Drum corps is a hard field to break into, competitively, and financial. Check both out if you can.