DCI or BOA

Since that felt so good, maybe time for a few more.

Madison Scouts, how sad that you sucked so bad last year, that people are excited just to see you scratching and clawing just to make finals. And with a show that just didn't quite have any of the energy of years past.

Colts, I love you dearly, but it's a shame that at the beginning of the year, you should have been top 10, but the staff were unable to improve from the beginning to the end of the season.

Cadets, it's a darn shame that you aren't able to perform to your ability, due to the fact you hired two people to act out a show, and didn't even have the ability to look like they were saying what was being said. What a waste.

Santa Clara Vanguard, that show should have been top 3, why was it not finished until July?

And people wonder why I think this year was way below par?

It's like I heard at a show a few years ago, if Phantom can make the top 3, most of the good corps must suck eggs. I guess if DCI has to bail them out of financial devastation by giving them the title out of sympathy, (waaah waaah waaah, we went to California too many times and bailed on our bank loan, because we spent all our money on those trips) then I guess it's time for me to pull my financial support. The product is starting to SUCK people. Ok, maybe not suck but it is NOWHERE near the level it has been in years past.

Live or Die...Lame

I have breast cancer...Lame

Our show isn't finished...Lame

No improvements during the season..Lame

Sunburst with 13 colorguard... Lame

Unrecognizable renditions of planets.... Lame

Judges playing games during the season to try to increase the fan support... Lame

DCI having a corps win because they screwed over the bank on their loan.....Lame

The fact that alot of the people on this board don't have an IQ over 20? Pathetic

Dang, that does feel good.

Best comedy post of the year.

You do realise that you're inferred a lot of this stuff, yes? If it enrages you that much, then bye.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a huge fan of both, I don't like to directly compare.

And as someone that has marched at a consistent top 3 finalist BOA band, and a world finalist drum corps, I can assure you the level of difficulty on the elite high school rivals that of some finalists, and most non-finalist, drum corps.

I know many people who would disagree with you

I know many people who would disagree with you

Really? Did they go to high school with me?

Really? Did they go to high school with me?

I think some people are just bitter and refuse to acknowledge that fact there are some excellent programs in BOA that in some ways can rival their precious little drum corps. *shrug*

I have been to BOA Grand Nationals.... I think the BEST BOA bands were about on par with Academy or Pacific Crest of 2008. Maybe some were a little cleaner, but factor in difficulty and I think they would score about the same on either set of judging sheets.

I think BOA is an outstanding organization and I really appreciate what they do for the marching arts activity. I find many of the bands shows to be very entertaining...... But as far as being an activity that you think about every day...... an activity that you have more passion for than most other things in your life..... an activity that can make you feel strong emotions for.... that is only drum corps.

I like many BOA shows because I think they are interesting, clever, and entertaining.... On the other hand... I have no choice but to love countless DCI shows.

I think some people are just bitter and refuse to acknowledge that fact there are some excellent programs in BOA that in some ways can rival their precious little drum corps. *shrug*

I would tend to agree with that statement.

And lets face it, people are making a big deal about a bunch of people running around playing instruments. I love drum corps as much, if not more, than the next person on here, but is it really worth arguing over something as petty as this

OK...full disclosure...as my screen name says, I am involved with HS marching band. I have participated in DCI, WGI and BOA at varying levels.

I am bit shocked at the disdain towards the high school marching band on this forum. Could DCI exist at a high level without the growth of high school marching bands? I don't know the full history...that's an honest question. It seems a bit odd that the DCI community would mock the high school band as much as they seem to here. It'd be similar to the NFL having no respect or seeing no value in College Football. Every NFL team is better than the best college team. Am I missing something? Was there a rift between the band community and DCI community that I am unaware of?

Have you ever marched DCI and then gone back to a band program? It's a total let down. The rehearsal level in DCI is way up in the stratusphere compaired to even a top notch band. Most everyone dreams about going from band to Drum Corps not the other way around. Now for the uninitiated, band is a fun program until you taste the "forbidden fruit" of Drum Corps.