DCI or BOA

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever marched DCI and then gone back to a band program? It's a total let down. The rehearsal level in DCI is way up in the stratusphere compaired to even a top notch band. Most everyone dreams about going from band to Drum Corps not the other way around. Now for the uninitiated, band is a fun program until you taste the "forbidden fruit" of Drum Corps.

Maybe in your experience. "A total let down"...im sorry for your high school background.

Granted the number of marching bands way outnumbers the number of corps, but in reality, the top BOA bands only really represent about 20% of the activity. The rest really is sub-par. So I can understand most peoples perception on band vs. corps if they've never been apart of the 20% within BOA.

Maybe in your experience. "A total let down"...im sorry for your high school background.

Granted the number of marching bands way outnumbers the number of corps, but in reality, the top BOA bands only really represent about 20% of the activity. The rest really is sub-par. So I can understand most peoples perception on band vs. corps if they've never been apart of the 20% within BOA.

Top BOA bands are 20% of the activity??? Maybe 1%. In my state, we probably have around 200 high school bands or so. Maybe 1 or 2 even compete in BOA, and most dont do very well.

pff, it's less than that... i'd say gn finalists (or those that could reach gn finals, if they decided not to attend) could make dci semi finals, but that's way less than 20%... more like 20.

Drum Corps > BOA

Lower Div III... ahem... "Open Class > 1st place BOA band

Are you speaking your personal opinion, or are you talking about on a performance level. Because I would say thats far from the truth