• Madison Scouts
    • Mandarins
    • Pacific Crest
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Pioneer
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Spirit
    • Troopers

Gave my vote to the Bluecoats for the single loudest moment this year (very nice horn feature in the ballad)

For the loudest throughout the whole show, I'd have to either give it to Phantom or Crown

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perceived "loudness" is not always about the decibels put out by the hornline, but is affected by factors such as voicing, intonation, and the musical context of the loud moments.

What I'm saying is, the corps who sounded loudest might not have been the actual loudest. What is loud?

You are absolutely correct- being in 'tone' with each other also makes a difference.

this is one of the cases that I choose to simply say: perception is reality.

not TECHNICALLY true, but it is what most people are talking about (I think...) when they say 'loud'

####, Ill say it. As much as i LOVE my corps, I think Crown was the loudest. They had the numbers to do it.

Although, I wont say I thought they were the best :tongue:

Perceived "loudness" is not always about the decibels put out by the hornline, but is affected by factors such as voicing, intonation, and the musical context of the loud moments.

What I'm saying is, the corps who sounded loudest might not have been the actual loudest. What is loud?

This is brought up EVERY time someone talks about being the loudest. EVERY time!

Coats had the loudest moment, but my vote went to Crown for the loudest show (Phantom and Devils were close).

Blah Blah Blah :bla:

I watched every show several times from the press box doing the BD blog. The view was great, the glass in front with an open window 10 feet over my head sucked. With those conditions there was only one corps that staged and set up for a moment that could only be described as LOUD. That was the Bluecoats. It certainly caught my primal drumcorps attention.

Other corps were loud and may have even been louder from a decible standpoint. This includes Blue Devils, PR, and CC. Just not as obvious a moment as the Bluecoats statment "You want loud? No appologies, here ya go, enjoy" :tongue:

Edited by dugada

I watched every show several times from the press box doing the BD blog. The view was great, the glass in front with an open window 10 feet over my head sucked. With those conditions there was only one corps that staged and set up for a moment that could only be described as LOUD. That was the Bluecoats. It certainly caught my primal drumcorps attention.

Other corps were loud and may have even been louder from a decible standpoint. This includes Blue Devils, PR, and CC. Just not as obvious a moment as the Bluecoats statment "You want loud? No appologies, here ya go, enjoy" :tongue:

On Semis and Finals, our staff was telling us to blow off the "U" in "Indiana University." That was probably right about where the window you speak of is located. Maybe thats why we seemed louder :smile: but maybe we just were :lol: