Fantasy Marching Arts

hostrauser

You can write it down, Carolina Brass will win Class A Drum Corps.

You called that one, Ced. But you were an extremely close second.

Edited by Chris Rohn

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nemesis was edged out to not make finals in world class drum corps but we are very proud of The Marching Knights who placed 3rd in Marching Band A along with best percussion and high music !!!

fma-sig.png

The first night of competition is here and The Corps of Unspecified Identity made its FMA World Class debut at position #18. Not quite what I had hoped for in terms of overall placement, but I'm going to game the system as best I can to try to get them up into that top 12 before finals. Of course, I play with the no tech strategy, so I have my work cut out for me. My chances are slim.

The Marching Band of Unspecified Identity is sitting in the #14 position in Class A band. Of course I'd like to see them a bit higher as well.

The Winter Guard and Indoor Percussion ensembles are in the #5 and #4 positions, respectively. I'm not too worried about their finalist position chances -- unless some major things happen this season those two groups are in good shape.

One thing I did notice is that NorthCoast Academy drumline is sitting in 17th, which doesn't bode well for them. This might be the first season one of kingeuph's ensembles don't make finals. Definitely a director to watch. Northern Aurora is in 9th and NorthCoast Guard is in 5th.

The director rankings are up on the Stats page if you haven't seen them yet. Pretty interesting stuff.

Edited by Chris Rohn

We came out hot, and hopefully my groups can maintain the pace this season and contend for a title.

Open Class Drum Corps Nebelgeist won their division at their first show of the year and are ranked 3rd overall after the first day. Class A Marching Band Star Prairie High School also won their show and are ranked 5th overall (less than 1.0 out of first). World Class Indoor Drumline Ghosts of the Fog finished third at their first show, but it was obviously a tough show as they are also 3rd overall in FMA.

The tough part for me is to decide whether to fund-raise so I can stay competitive or to sacrifice it all for this season.

I've thought about saving, but then i figured it wouldn't be as much fun. So i just take what i have at the end of the season and just roll with that. Seems to be working ok for me.

Yeah, I'm going to keep fund-raising this season. I'd rather finish 10th, 10th, 10th than finish 25th, 1st, 68th or whatever.

I am tanking this season to see how easy it will be to win next season.... I spent my 10K at the beginning but carried over the 3K I had... should make another 3-4K this season... so hopefully be able to max out just about everything next year... if that works... ill probably quit FMA, because it is too simple to do that every other year. We'll see though...

It gets tiresome to finish 2nd or 3rd each year doing it the real way, and to lose by 3-4 full points...

Edited by CincinnatiGloryMello

I am tanking this season to see how easy it will be to win next season.... I spent my 10K at the beginning but carried over the 3K I had... should make another 3-4K this season... so hopefully be able to max out just about everything next year... if that works... ill probably quit FMA, because it is too simple to do that every other year. We'll see though...

It gets tiresome to finish 2nd or 3rd each year doing it the real way, and to lose by 3-4 full points...

I'll admit I was crazy successful my second season, but part of what I'm discovering with Alex's continual tweaks is that its a matter of figuring out the art of annual success. Its true that anyone can just save up for a few seasons and blow thier wad (YAY + Confucious, *cough*) but the real fun is trying to make finals, and maybe get a championship along the way every season.

At least, that's the way I see it.

I guess as long as everyone is in the same boat it gets less "easy" but ya I saved up a lot of cash last year so that I can make a run this year--Nemesis currently in second in world class so we will see where it goes

• 2 weeks later...

FMA holds even more excitement for me right now where we are in the inbetween period here! Nemesis is 3rd in World drum corps and Marching Knights are 1st in CLASS A Marching Band! Clearly the extra attention I can provide this season is paying off...by the way Ced--still ahead of you obviously in CLASS A! haha Nice show the other day--keeping us on our toes!!!