Fantasy Marching Arts

hostrauser

I'm not doing so hot this season... upgrade purchases are keeping me out of contention. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with a better reconfiguration for next season.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current rankings...

Nebelgeist - 10th - Open Class Drum Corps (but hasn't performed since 2/20; we'll see how they do at the FMA Regional today)

Star Prairie High School - 14th - Class A Marching Band (but hasn't performed since 2/21)

Ghosts of the Fog - 3rd - World Class Indoor Percussion

I don't know if any of the groups have the juice to take a title, but I expect to make Finals with all of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Season 4 is almost over, my worst season to date.

Prelims results:

Corps of Unspecified Identity: 40th Place @ 80.540 (Semi-Finalist)

Marching Band of Unspecified Identity: 28th Place @ 80.475 (Semi-Finalist)

Winter Guard of Unspecified Identity: 5th Place @ 87.620 (Finalist)

Indoor Drumline of Unspecified Identity: 10th Place @ 77.37 (Finalist)

I'm very much looking forward to Season 5.

While the number of ensembles competing in FMA is dwindling, the competition is getting fiercer each season.

Nebelgeist (DC): 8th place @ 85.730 (projected finalist)

Star Prairie HS (MB): 9th place @ 84.875 (projected finalist)

Ghosts of the Fog (ID): 3rd place @ 86.420 (finalist)

I've noticed a couple of ensembles in the Top 3 of various circuits all season with no 5's anywhere in their setup. I've paid closer attention to the scoring this season and think I've uncovered a good system/game-plan for spending turns in future seasons. I'm currently debating whether I want to spend all my money in Season 5, or maybe hold back $1,000 per ensemble for Season 6. I've also got some name/uniform changes in the works for Season 5.

:smile: Edited by hostrauser

:smile:

So who's gonna win finals. I feel like SCV. I'm always there, but can never win it.

Who's going to win?

WINTER GUARD

Class A: WIDE open. Top five units within 1.005. If Renegade Valley levels up with their Saturday turns, I think they might take it because their effect scores are so strong.

Open: The Troopers. The St. Paul Rivergals might draw closer, but I doubt they can pass.

World: Either The Black Knights or the Wicked Wags. Again, if Wags levels up, they might take it. Glad to see the ensemble with the best name in FMA (Kung Fu Jigglypuffs) make Finals. :smile:

INDOOR PERCUSSION

Class A: Inertia. Scores are REALLY low in this division. Inertia would only be 9th in World.

Open: Styck. With almost a 0.7 gap to make up, I don't think West Side Wrath will be able to pass.

World: Syncopation. Those techs gave them a HUGE lead (almost 2.75 points), just like I predicted they would. I'm hoping Ghosts can overtake Confucious for Silver. Regardless, this is going to be my highest finish, any group, any season.

MARCHING BAND

Class A: The band I... etc. This guy (fourouttheforty) has figured out the system. Only two 4's in his setup, the rest 3's, and he's crushing people with 4's and 5's. Write it down: his Townsville 140 World Class Drum Corps will win Season 5.

Open: Renegade Valley Regiment. Just enough of a lead.

World: Red Bank Esprit. Undefeated season. Hint: if you study Red Bank and the 2nd place band, Raymond S. Kellis, (both show setup and caption scores) you can learn some tips on how to play this game. I think, at least.

DRUM CORPS

Class A: Cerebral Assassins. 3.105 point lead? Seriously?

Open: The Mini 140 or the Red Devils. This one's neck and neck. Again, fourouttheforty has only one 4 and two 2's in the Mini 140's show setup and he's winning. But hey, Nebelgeist made Finals for the first time.

World: Nemesis. I don't think even leveling up will push YAY over the top.

WKO is VERY PROUD of their newest addition to our group of corps Nemesis for taking WORLD FINALS in our 4th year of competitionat FMA! The corps actually got its start here in DCPI in several pre-season shows awhile back and we used that education to put together yet ANOTHER Championships corps! The corps took Brass-Percussion-high Music-Visual Ensemble and Guard!

The corps which is also a member of CLASS adds yet another title to that great organizations triumphs!

We also would like to congratulate the Marching Knights our feeder marching band program who moved from 3rd last season to 2nd this season in Class A!

oh and just to give myself a stroke! i forgot to do my final points today and just checked scores now not remembering what time they needed to be in!!!!!