What is your favorite "under-rated" show?

ajlemm

Take that definition how ever you like, whether you felt it should have finished higher, it was underhyped, underrated, or under-appreciated, but my question is about which show after further review have you found that you find yourself surprisingly listening to over and over?

For me it's two 4th place shows. I won't debate either of the placings. I just have found that I love these shows more now than I did when they were first played:

2007 Phantom Regiment (On Air)

I feel like it has really taken me about a year to "get it". I find that I listen to this show more and it has steadily moved up my listening chart. It is both ethereal and powerful. Maybe it is because I am listening to it and not watching it. Who knows?

and

2006 Bluecoats (Connexus)

This show really surprised me when it first came out. It was one of the first APD's I bought in 2006. I saw them at Finals and was blown away. This show was ALL Bluecoats. I hope they can do something again in this or "Caravan" vein. There was something about those two years that I found special. Maybe it was the way they mixed in untraditional sounds like steel drums in 06 and the drumspeak in 05. The show in 06 had great flow, cohesiveness and built all the way to the end. I really enjoyed it and it's one of my favorite shows to listen to now.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it's really underrated, but it gets lost. With Carolina Crown pushing the way they have the last few years (ever since 2003), everyone seems to love the newest show. I've heard people proclaim 2008 and 2007 their favorite Crown shows many times, and I've heard a number of votes for 2006. My favorite recent Crown show is 2005. I love the guardian angel symbolism throughout the visual program. I love the music. To me, it's an incredible show, without having the "goofiness" of the last two years, not that I didn't like those shows. Angelus is just my favorite.

Tie between 2006 Bluecoats and 2006 Carolina Crown. Both have GREAT hornlines, with concepts that kinda take a few times seeing the show to really get a grasp on.

A few

2005 Crown- best Crown offering of the decade

2006 SCV- 2004 aside, best SCV offering this decade

2002 BD- this show throws down!

2003 Spirit- god, I love this show. Got an electric response finals night.

2000 SW- this show should've been top 12. I believe the only show to finish top 12 in every caption and not make finals. I might be mistaken.

1998 SCV- man, this crap is intense

1998 Madison- one of the fav Madison shows

1996 Madison- oft regarded as the red-headed step-child of 1995. Amazing show.

1990 BD- TOMMY. Great show.

1992 SCV- I love Fiddler on the Roof

i could go on...

just going with last year, I would say the Troopers. They had a great theme that carried on the Trooper tradition, and they played it very well.