What Now Defunct Corps should be brought back

Bring One Back  

207 members have voted

1. 1. What One Corps should be resurrected?

• 27th Lancers
    • Suncoast Sound
    • Muchachos
    • Anaheim Kingsmen
    • Oakland Crusaders
    • Florida Wave
    • Rochester Patriots
    • Sky Ryders
    • Argonne Rebels
    • Des Plaines Vanguard
    • Bleu Raeders
    • Other

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be totally honest. The only one on that list that has a cat in hells chance of coming back is Anaheim Kingsmen (which the apparently plan to do for 2010 anyways). Everyone else there on that list, whilst I would love to see it, just simply won't happen. Perhaps we SHOULD look at those who have a CHANCE (however remote) of coming back. If that's the case perhaps the list should read more like

Freelancers

Magic

Southwind

Cap Regiment

Freelancers still have a bingo game going (for how long is anybody's guess thanks to the Governator). They have a top notch competing drumline and there have been serious moves for the first time in many years to resurrect the corps by way of an alumni hornline and now, drumline. My guess is that if they can get the pennies right, this is the best chance for an imminent return. Cap Regiment is coming back this year, but I think most folks are taking a "wait and see" approach based on their recent history. Magic had issues but is that corps totally dead? Lest we forget it wasnt THAT long ago they were a DCI finalist. And as for Southwind, it was just pennies. These guys were on the cusp of something special. Outside of these 4 the only other corps I MIGHT put on the list would be Kiwanis.

Anything else, I am afraid, is a pipe dream.

[

Going overseas...

1. The Dagenham Crusaders

2. The Balsidon Blue Eagles

Green Lancers, Anchormen, and Gravesham.

I have very little knowledge of the all-age circuit. My vote was for Suncoast.

As with previous posters-- ALL OF THEM.

Edited by AlanAndreasen

Have a look at my signature. Green Lancers ARE coming back. First alumni ensemble rehersal is next Wednesday at Padgate High School in Warrington. We plan to be on the field competing in DCE by 2010. Watch this space.

Have a look at my signature. Green Lancers ARE coming back. First alumni ensemble rehersal is next Wednesday at Padgate High School in Warrington. We plan to be on the field competing in DCE by 2010. Watch this space.

Cainan... Way cool. When they were at the top they were truely awesome.

Here's another one (forgive me if I'm wrong and the spelling too) Academe Musicale.

Sky Ryders

Looking at the UK alone, I would love to see Dagenham, Free Spirit and Valley Sound just for starters!

I'd have to go with a modern incarnation of Sky Ryders or the Argonne Rebels.

Most of the other corps would have to be too massively re-invented to fit in to DCI as we know it, except, maybe, for Suncoast ... And I still don't think Florida is ever going to produce a sustainable corps.

I think this is a lighthearted thread in regards to corps that people were fond of over the years and would like to see back. I'm pretty sure the populous here fully understands that there isn't a chance in Hades of any or all of these corps to come back.

Some folks on this thread need to sit back, relax, and enjoy the memories.