Cool Marches

JeffUsnaDB

Stars & Stripes Forever.....as done by the 1987 Madson Scouts!

WIN

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANKS so much for all of the input!!! I will start tracking down some of these suggestions. Keep 'em coming, as we here at Navy just can't have enough marches ready to go. Occupational hazard of a military drum corps, I guess....

Thanks again for the help!

Jeff

THANKS so much for all of the input!!! I will start tracking down some of these suggestions. Keep 'em coming, as we here at Navy just can't have enough marches ready to go. Occupational hazard of a military drum corps, I guess....

Thanks again for the help!

Jeff

Jeff everyone was good with their input but the march that is really kick ### and everyone has good parts is "Rifle Regiment". If you have the horses to play it, thats the one to play! I played it in High School and we won music all the time. Plus the brass section will love it. Its brassy and dark.

JP

Jeff,

Check out the "Pathfinder of Panama". It is a great J P Sousa March, my son played it at an area All State festival. It was the same festival I decided that I would try "American Elegy" for drum corps. Also look over "Sound Off" and "7TH Gallant".

Donny

Edited by donnymusic

Ohh! Ohh!! Play "The Liberty Bell" and see how many people get the Monty Python reference (and see if you can even make it past the first strain!)

My marching band is playing that right now, lol.

Seriously - the March from the movie 1941 is AWESOME and can really show off your brass section as far as technique goes.

It's John Williams, so it may be tough to get the rights to it, but I'd really look into it.

I found it on you tube for you to listen to - the video is the opening credits to the movie - also the same movie where the Cadets got Swing Swing Swing from from their 1995 show.

Edited by bumo27

How about Purple Carnival?

Or Barnum & Bailey's....Star 87 style?

Two great choices. The only problem Sam? The OP said "easy" to play in a parade. That Star version of Barnum and Bailey is high energy and tough to play the way they did it. Still, I love your idea (Bridgemen '78 version as well).

I can't give you "new" marches, but Bravura is another great one.

How about

And just a couple of days ago the US Army Field Band was in town and played

Two thumbs up. :satisfied:

And also by the USArmy Field Band, the Armed Services Salute is fantastic. The veterans in the crowd get saluted by the Colonel, applauded by the crowd, and you could see the tears welling up in their eyes.

I will give you an "off the wall" suggestion; how about the main theme from Katchatorian's "Sparticus," as done by Phantom Regiment? I bet that could be worked into a nice solid march that wouldn't be too tough.

Edited by wvu80