Which Corps Are Using Synthesizers

Why cant you just have an extremely talented hornline. I mean , if the arranger writes it , you can play it on a horn .

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that keyboards are legal, it would be a crime if Boston DIDN'T use one and play Axel F at some point in their show.

Agreed.

Yes, it is. Reading people complaining before one note has been heard is very depressing...yet I guess to be expected here. Very sad.

I have heard hundreds of electronic notes and effects from hundreds of marching bands through the years. I have all the evidence (Exposure) to electronics on a marching field I need to form an educated opinion. I hate them......

PS.....it was the same case as amps and narration.

well, I'm waiting for a sad day to come along when the drumline eventually gives way to this:

motif_xs_dvd_insert.jpg

and it's just 1 pit, 123 horns, 25 guard and 1 DM. Soon to follow would be 2 pit and 148 guard ...

:thumbup:

A list you want, so you know who will not be receiving your money this year. Am I right?

Well, I am certainly against it's use.

this will be just like narration. there will be people who use elecs tastefully (ie bluecoats 07/08), people who use them more up front (cadets 07/08) and people who don't use them at all (phantom). there will be people who like all of those shows. there is enough influence from the indoor percussion community that this SHOULD be done well. after all, the usage of elecs will be in the hands of the percussion arrangers, who are the people using them (quite effectively) in WGI.

I think its also sad that people are out there during the summer spending countless hours working their tails off in the scorching heat, just to have so many people complaining and saying "Oh, well I don't care about them, they use a synthesizer :thumbup: ."

Their designers should consider that when they make these decisions.

I've been watching alot more BOA quality bands lately and I think what they are doing with electronics far trumps what DCI has put out over the past few years. DCI certainly has the visual designs and quality horn books and percussion books to keep us happy, but in terms of overall show designs.....DCI has put out alot of crap lately. I think synths will open up the design a bit.

I would prefer that they allow prerecorded sampling though in DCI. We wouldn't have to listen to some terrible actor for Cadets ruin a perfectly good show with his dorky voice....we could have James Earl Jones do it instead. At least it would sound better.

I want every corps to get Mallet Kats! Oh the possibliities