Which Corps Are Using Synthesizers

But he thrives on controversy, so he threw in a baton twirler. :whip:

i havent seen that show yet. as a tull fan I have been told to run away

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As also there is nothing wrong with using another approach...amplification...so that the instrument does fit into the environment and players can still play with good technque, and they can use more instrument- and sound- friendly mallets as they do indoors...and still get the sound they desire outdoors.

So "the sound they desire" is the snap-crackle-pop of amplification? The electronically-distorted sound of imperfectly-micced pit percussion, itself only available in proper frequency spectrum to those sitting between the 40 yard lines? And then, only in good weather, at a venue with properly functioning electrical power supply at field level? Well, if that's what they desire....their wish has been granted.

A smaller pit was never part of the "selling point" for sound reinforcement. You can ask questions on here but despite popular belief.... the answers are not facts.

Yes, it was. It may not have been part of Hopkins' proposal, but other proponents of amps brought up the idea.

Yes, it was. It may not have been part of Hopkins' proposal, but other proponents of amps brought up the idea.

i knew i saw it somewhere

So "the sound they desire" is the snap-crackle-pop of amplification? The electronically-distorted sound of imperfectly-micced pit percussion, itself only available in proper frequency spectrum to those sitting between the 40 yard lines? And then, only in good weather, at a venue with properly functioning electrical power supply at field level? Well, if that's what they desire....their wish has been granted.

It's a good thing that the above is not what has occurred.

so mike, you're saying there's been NO issues with amps?

I seem to remember any number of snap, crackle, pop moments...along with inopportune feedback (07 Bluecoats in prelims, right after "You have the right to remain silent."

And let's not forget the simple irritation of having a spread out pit and having #### near all the sound comecfrom one speak off to the side....

Edited by 84BDsop

so mike, you're saying there's been NO issues with amps?

No, of course not. Anything used will have problems on occasion when that "something" is done correctly. Drumsticks and heads break...mouthpieces fall out...flags come apart...etc...balance is not perfect at times with or without amps. The benefits have far outweighed the occasional issues, IMO.