Favorite Weird Shows of All Time

Sweet Lou

I get tired of watching 100049875^234098752 love shows in WGI. What are y'alls favorite weird indoor guard shows?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hhmm Well I don't know how "weird" these are in other peoples books, but here's some of mine:

Blessed Sacrament 1992 - 'The homecoming queen has a gun' show. Odd costumes and some amazing equipment writing. Loads of fun and very quirky.

Bishop Kearny 1995, 1997, 1998. All very strange productions, but still incredibly well done. Amazing kids.

There is a Tate High School show from 1989 ( i think that's the year) and they had some whacked out props that turned into a big work of art at the end... hhmm this might have been in the early 1990s though... talented unit, but an odd production in terms of presentation.

there are others- i'll have to go through my videos and post again.

Old school, but Skylarks' 1983 show is pretty weird.

Phantasia from Canada...1985 Wild costumes and makeup. A Ron Bunion production.

hhmm Well I don't know how "weird" these are in other peoples books, but here's some of mine:

Blessed Sacrament 1992 - 'The homecoming queen has a gun' show. Odd costumes and some amazing equipment writing. Loads of fun and very quirky.

go get it on WGI ON DEMAND,"i'm a blond"!

hysterical!!!!absolutely brilliant!!! :worthy:

jeff namian's foray into comedy! :thumbup:

i stand corrected...it was chris raichle who was responsible for the wacky maddness not jeff namian! :thumbup:

Edited by dugg

Anthron's final year.

Field of View... can't remember the name, but lots of quotes about what you need to make top 6 at WGI finals...

Bishop Kearney - Sybil

Pride of Cincinnati-- Freak Show

Anthron's final year.

i loved them!

anthron BrOught a New Grasp of wHat could be achIeved in The pageantry artS! :thumbup:

Edited by dugg

No one on here probably ever saw it, but Mount Juliet High School (TN - Scholastic A) did an odd show in 1999 that featured a set of ( i think) 8 chopped off windmills - strange soundtrack, VERY talented young ladies - one of Tim Vaughn's best shows from his high schoolers.

If you can get a copy of the SCGC circuit championship videos and watch this show, it is one for the books.

Blessed Sacrament's 1998 show - Carrie- weird. just weird.... I, personally, did not care for it, but their ending flag feature was cool.

Chimeras 2000 - "Pure Imagination" a brilliant, all be it, bizarre show. WONDERUFL writing and choreography. One of my favoritie soundtracks ever in WGI.

Edited by Will

Pretty much any year from Victoriaville Phoenix - but especially the Stress and Sexy schoolgirl shows - they were just out there - in a good way :smile:

Later,

Mike