What about "the other" new rule for '09

Amplification on a Small Brass Ensemble = correct

Water can not go on the field with the water rule change. it is only to be used on the sidelines for effect. example submerge a gong in water and hit it. neat sound.

Cavaliers did this last year, as well as used a waterphone in 2006. I don't remember any penalty.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The '99 Rochester Patriots used it in their Russian program. They won the Division 2 championship that year. They used the water to represent drunkenness. If I recall correctly, back then, Division 2 and 3 champs competed in the Division one championships. I think they may have even beat the Kiwanis Kaviliers that year.

Uh, ?? 135 water jugs on the sideline during water breaks/gush-n-go's? HELLO?!?! -- its not like 1 more "container holding water" is gonna throw a major wrench into the production, there are already 135... this is nothing new. Not to mention RAIN.

and when was the last time someone tripped on an amp wire..?! -

your assumptions are better fit for a 3-stooges act. [Curly trips holding water jug and throws it all over Moe.] "Why I oughta..." *slap* *fwip!* *boioioionnggg*

So, you start out by saying Cadets will be the corps to screw it up. Then you state how stupid it would be for anyone to mess it up.

I'm confused.

So, you start out by saying Cadets will be the corps to screw it up. Then you state how stupid it would be for anyone to mess it up.

I'm confused.

I was referring to the water rule in general. I.E. microphones were introduced, and look what they did the last 3 years. Water is introduced, and who knows what will happen. I was also being sarcastic in my first post about Cadets screwing it up, just wouldn't be surprised if they pulled something completely ridiculous, ergo "screwing [the rule] up," as their reputation as of late has afforded them.

the water jug post was in response to SpiritOfJSUFan's saying an accident will happen where someone trips and bumps or drops a jug of water onto the amp or mixboard. - my post you quoted was simply saying everyone in the corp has a water jug, with no horror stories yet about spilling on the electronics. And even though an "accident" by nature is unintentional... this would be a very unlikely accident.

clear up your confusion?

Edited by 08Hawkeye

There is tons of conversations about the synth rule, who will use it and who will not, how it will destroy DCI/drum corps, etc. But, I have not seen one single mention of the other new rule for 2009, the use of "water effects". Who do you think will be using this new effect? How much will it affect the experience for fans, members, staff, etc.? What will be the first "water disaster" to affect a corps?

one of the domed stadiums cant shut in time

I have to say I was a big opponent of this rule when it was introduced and I still am now. I ask myself does the DCI ruling committee say no to anything he introduces, or do they all just mark in lockstep with the tyrant?

But Who knows maybe this will lead to the two girl shower show and DCI will no longer sell tickets, but there will be a two drink minimum! :tongue: