Best shows to run to?

I like to run, and I almost always listen to music while doing it. I get sick of most of it, but there are always a few favorites that I fall back on, and some of them just happen to be drum corps shows.

So I was looking for some input on what everyone would think would be good shows to run too.

Generally, what I look for is shows that start off exciting, and then sort of spend the rest of the show building to a penultimate peak very near the end. I realize this is the essentialy the formula for EVERY show, but what shows do you think are best at this?

My absolute favorite to run to currently is Phantom 2003. I love Canon in the beginning, and then I like how the rest of the show almost seems like a build up for the Canon reprise. I find that even if I've been running for 4 or 5 miles and am nearing the end of my run and am exhausted, I can put on this show, and power through the rest of it. When the Canon reprise hits, I feel like I got an incredible second wind, it's pretty cool, and I even find myself conducting the finish, albeit very poorly haha....

So... any suggestions?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the help of a few DCPers, we compiled a couple of lists for this very thing. Try reading this thread.

This morning I listened to these shows from 2008: Madison, Bluecoats and Blue Stars. When I want to do some sprints I get Phantom 08 going. I've also very much enjoyed running to Madison 1992 (City of Angels), Crossmen 1992 (Songs for Planet Earth), 1986 Blue Devils, 1991 Cadets, 2007 Troopers, and many many more.

My absolute favorite to run to currently is Phantom 2003. I love Canon in the beginning, and then I like how the rest of the show almost seems like a build up for the Canon reprise. I find that even if I've been running for 4 or 5 miles and am nearing the end of my run and am exhausted, I can put on this show, and power through the rest of it. When the Canon reprise hits, I feel like I got an incredible second wind, it's pretty cool, and I even find myself conducting the finish, albeit very poorly haha....

So... any suggestions?

If you like Phantom 2003, my very favorite show to run to is actually SCV 2003. Driving minimalism is perfect for the treadmill.