2010/2011 DCA Championship Bids Now Accepted

Thanks Fran!! i hate shooting down what, on the outside, appears to be a good idea and didn't want to be perceived as a Negative Nellie.

plus i'd love to see ALL of us try to squeeze into the Hotel Thayer. :thumbup:

7772-01.jpg

:big hug:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Fran!! i hate shooting down what, on the outside, appears to be a good idea and didn't want to be perceived as a Negative Nellie.

plus i'd love to see ALL of us try to squeeze into the Hotel Thayer. :thumbup:

7772-01.jpg

:big hug:

Just a little side bar on looking at the trying on doing any kind of show a WP.

Since 9-11 the post has been a closed post.

You can get on, but be ready.

I know on a first line bases as I spent the last 27 years, on post working as the Sr. roofer forman.

This past April I retired. On Oct. 7 th of 2001 I married my wife at Trophy Point, and many of my brothers from the Caballeros Alumni we there.

If you do try to go to WP you will need to have a good ID, with you, and a driving lic. that is good as the guards that are on the gates run them and all most no time they can tell if you have any wants, or warinets, and they will call the Highland Falls Police, right away.

And to stay at the hotel, well beening on the inside, I would go someplace else to spend the night.

Larry

I am not trying to keep people away from WP, by all meens go and enjoy the Post, I sure did for all those years.

Just a little side bar on looking at the trying on doing any kind of show a WP.

Since 9-11 the post has been a closed post.

You can get on, but be ready.

I know on a first line bases as I spent the last 27 years, on post working as the Sr. roofer forman.

This past April I retired. On Oct. 7 th of 2001 I married my wife at Trophy Point, and many of my brothers from the Caballeros Alumni we there.

If you do try to go to WP you will need to have a good ID, with you, and a driving lic. that is good as the guards that are on the gates run them and all most no time they can tell if you have any wants, or warinets, and they will call the Highland Falls Police, right away.

And to stay at the hotel, well beening on the inside, I would go someplace else to spend the night.

Larry

I am not trying to keep people away from WP, by all meens go and enjoy the Post, I sure did for all those years.

Didn't Hawthorne used to use the West Point Field House for their winter camps in the 60's/70's?

... and ... didn't the NY State Fireman's Parade take place up there in the Fall? I seem to remember the CT Alumni going up there a few years to participate.

Just trying to jog my memory a bit ...

:-)

Didn't Hawthorne used to use the West Point Field House for their winter camps in the 60's/70's?

... and ... didn't the NY State Fireman's Parade take place up there in the Fall? I seem to remember the CT Alumni going up there a few years to participate.

Yes the Caballeros used the Field House, and the stadium, that was when the corps had Bob Devlin, and Jack Pratt, as instructors of the drum line. The both of them were in the Hell Cats. ( Also the Hell Cats are the Army's Drum and Bugle Corps.)

And Yes the Conn. Alumni did march, but that was in Highland Falls, as the Post did not want any thing to do with the Orange County Firemens Parade, even tho The President of the OCVFA (Orange County Vol. Firemens Assoc.) was a working member of the Dept. Of Housing, on West Point, and he was going out on retirement in April of thast year.

I was a member, and delagate member to that Parade, So I was on the stand watching.

Also if I remember The Alumni did win that parade, over Mother Conbrini of NYC.

As I also was the President of the Tri-State Parade Judges Assoc, and we did judge that parade.

So if any one needs a parade judges to do any parades, drop me a line.

Larry

Andy, weren't you there when they turned the Point into a military academy?????? Loon in the closte at that tri-corener hat.

Joe (who was there when dirt was invented)

Hartford

won't happen. they already withdrew themselves from bidding a few years back claiming we'd damage their new lovely stadium turf too badly in the new stadium. plus you'd be fighting UCONN's football schedule every year.

Many of the things listed by people here are very interesting. Some seem like real possibilities.

BUT

Wouldn't it be nice if DCA could give us some "Hint's" as to any of the REAL BIDS. (maybe not details but just a HINT)

Then maybe we the Public could throw our support (or not) for some of the place's)

NICE!! last i'd heard they were so completely against it. glad to see they've had a change of heart up there. :big hug: