New 'Force' On The Horizon

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I should be taking Communion right now... :thumbup:

My thoughts exactly.

And I haven't attended a Mass (except for funerals) or taken Communion for over 2 decades now!

Maybe he meant in the mob "communion" or "confirmation" sense?

Thanks guys!

We are working hard to get things rolling. 'We' are simply a group of 5 individuals (which may be expanding after some recent email conversation) that want to start a drum corps in the Fort Worth/Arlington area. We are taking a slow/deliberate growth approach with a very firm vision of being competitive soon.

Look for a lot more information soon. Once we decide who is filling which role, you'll see some names and such on the website. We thought it would be best to start off by getting the name and concept out there.

And for Frontier, we wish them the best of luck. They are really working hard on the other side of the metroplex and have their Open House soon. We won't be kicking off our weekly rehearsal/gatherings until the Middle of January.

Texas is fertile ground for drum corps (any).

I (and my Texas drum corps friends) will be watching this effort very carefully. This is the right place for another corps and the right name. DCA doesn't have any police type icons in their ranks, unlike the famous DCI corps from Canton. (Someone please correct me if I am wrong)

Would "the force" represent the polar opposite of the gang of seven in San Fran?

:thumbup:

Drum corps growth = good

"#10

Isn't it too hot in Texas in the summer for a drum corps?

It sure is!"

hahaha

We figured it out last summer with Pioneer ...up at 4 AM...breakfast ... :thumbup: rehearsal starts at 5 AM...go until around 10 AM, another meal and if there was an indoor facility, Possibly another block inside of sectionals, or in the shade. Then take a 2 hour seista and dinner...return to rehearsal after 6 PM. The percussion staff was from Texas so they just stayed outside in the sun...LOL.

Donny

These corps compete in the DCA "Drum corps Associates" ciruit. They are also known as "all ages" Very much a different animal than DCI which is "Jr. Corps"

They also compete/perform in the DCI All-Age division and have for the past few years. As a result, they are associate members of DCI.

I'm surprised anyone else hasn't said this...

"The Force is strong with this one. I can feel it."

*ducks* *runs*