Finals 2007

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nasty Much? congrats you have a piece of jewlry... guess what I'll give you a ring for best holloween greeting of the year, and it doesn't mean you deserve it.

His nasty reply or your smarmy initial post; six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Missed step off, duly noted and acknowledged. The add-in into the block went from double-time to half-time every two double-time counts, which then leads to every other person entering on a different foot in half-time. The form was then cleaned to the cover in the diagonal block, the dress in the diagonal block, and the cover evident up to the box. The staggered footing was then resolved after a quick halt.

Anything else from the show you need help with?

Nasty Much? Ok, hows that ring of yours... Im sure It's pretty shiny, and always on your hand... I wish I had one...and hows that silver medal from 06' oh wait....

haha not even worth taking time to respond to that with anything of substance. Wish you the best if you are marching this upcoming season.

Edited by BDTPT

haha not even worth taking time to respond to that with anything of substance. Wish you the best if you are marching this upcoming season.

He just made me look stupid for defending him. CRAP

Hell...if you really wanna get picky, you can identify any number of "gotcha" moments in almost every winning show and claim that corps should've won.

83-85 Cadets: really sloppy feet (83 in particular, with bad phasing and an out-of-step on camera in RPH)

86 BD: flag drop on camera

87 Cadets: pit/battery phasing (exposed for a second or two) from the "perfect" drum line

88 Madison: the upper brass frack-fest in the opener

89 SCV: bumper cars in the snare line

91 Star: poor part of the form in the last set (but because it was put in so late, they should get a pass....plsu it was Zingali's masterpieceand should be left alone)

92 Cavies: dirt in the snare feature

93 Cadets: guard drop at the big hit in the opener

96 Regiment: bad soprano release going into the last move

00 Cavies: horn player falling in the drum feature

The point being that there IS no perfection (Cadets 05 score and complete caption/sub caption sweep not withstanding)...and one or two mistakes do not cost a championship.

BD won....get over it.

For the record, although I still post occasionally about losing to Garfield by 1/10th and that any Cadet from 84 has my ring...I got over losing a looong time ago, and 84 Garfield is one of my favorite shows.

Perhaps the OP should be a bit more mature about things.

Hell...if you really wanna get picky, you can identify any number of "gotcha" moments in almost every winning show and claim that corps should've won.

83-85 Cadets: really sloppy feet (83 in particular, with bad phasing and an out-of-step on camera in RPH)

86 BD: flag drop on camera

87 Cadets: pit/battery phasing (exposed for a second or two) from the "perfect" drum line

88 Madison: the upper brass frack-fest in the opener

89 SCV: bumper cars in the snare line

91 Star: poor part of the form in the last set (but because it was put in so late, they should get a pass....plsu it was Zingali's masterpieceand should be left alone)

92 Cavies: dirt in the snare feature

93 Cadets: guard drop at the big hit in the opener

96 Regiment: bad soprano release going into the last move

00 Cavies: horn player falling in the drum feature

The point being that there IS no perfection (Cadets 05 score and complete caption/sub caption sweep not withstanding)...and one or two mistakes do not cost a championship.

BD won....get over it.

For the record, although I still post occasionally about losing to Garfield by 1/10th and that any Cadet from 84 has my ring...I got over losing a looong time ago, and 84 Garfield is one of my favorite shows.

Perhaps the OP should be a bit more mature about things.

Perhaps this poster should realize I don't care that BD won... just pointing something out with my original post, and was wondering if anyone thought that what had happened there was a mistake by the marchers or the design team... great they intentionally marched on opposite feet, so what your saying is that I can have a corps intentionally play badly , and march badly (a.k.a. against the guidelines that most people would seem universal... like such as staying in step?), and as long as I make it seem intentional, I'll win dci? Sounds good.

Perhaps this poster should realize I don't care that BD won... just pointing something out with my original post, and was wondering if anyone thought that what had happened there was a mistake by the marchers or the design team... great they intentionally marched on opposite feet, so what your saying is that I can have a corps intentionally play badly , and march badly (a.k.a. against the guidelines that most people would seem universal... like such as staying in step?), and as long as I make it seem intentional, I'll win dci? Sounds good.

So, what corps did you march with in 2007 that got beat by the Blue Devils.

The Cadets, perhaps?

You're blowing this out of proportion. It was merely an effect in seperating the ensemble into two distinct parts, though in BD's case, it was marching on different feet. There have been corps who marched two seperate times on the field. Should they be penalized for such? Their feet were not in sync. What matters is having a single technique, regardless on how you use it.

great they intentionally marched on opposite feet, so what your saying is that I can have a corps intentionally play badly , and march badly (a.k.a. against the guidelines that most people would seem universal... like such as staying in step?), and as long as I make it seem intentional, I'll win dci? Sounds good.

When has anyone said that the entire drum corps has to be in unison at all times? You're making up "universal" guidelines that no one would ascribe to just because you were wrong and are too embarrassed to admit it.