The new phone book's here, the new phone book's here

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's great that the DVDs are in Anamophic Widescreen but, After watching drumcorps all summer. I loved the DVD's for what I couldn't get during the summer. A look on the inside.

- I loved the directors/ program staff comments ( this I miss most )

- I loved the judges comments

- I loved the guard cam and drum cam

- I always catch new things from the different angles

- I give this years DVD's a C

Yeah........I'm sorry that you are a Phantom hater, but the sound from the crowd reaction WAS much different for them than every other corps.

DVDs did the sound justice, and from quality of sound coming from the DVD, doesn't sound like they upped the mic levels or toyed with anything post-production in that respect.

It's great that the DVDs are in Anamophic Widescreen but, After watching drumcorps all summer. I loved the DVD's for what I couldn't get during the summer. A look on the inside.

- I loved the directors/ program staff comments ( this I miss most )

- I loved the judges comments

- I loved the guard cam and drum cam

- I always catch new things from the different angles

- I give this years DVD's a C

I'm thinking about sending an email to DCI complaining about this, and that I find it hard to find a reason to buy their DVD's next year without this content. Anyone with me?

I'm thinking about sending an email to DCI complaining about this, and that I find it hard to find a reason to buy their DVD's next year without this content. Anyone with me?

I'd rather have high cam for 13+ first. This year, I'm certainly aware that there are likely some economic factors behind the changes.

To the video freaks out there... This may be an obvious answer, but how much extra space does a widescreen video take over a 4:3 video?

Hey since they stopped giving out the UPS Notice, you can track your delivery by going to the UPS and track by reference #, under the refernce number place your invoice number you received when you got your email notice from DCI when they charged your account. :happy:

Im getting my DVD's Monday

We do still give out notices. Check with your driver if you have that problem. We've changed to a different notice, so some centers and hubs may not have new ones yet.

On topic: I am buying my set here pretty soon.

I just finished wiring the surround sound in the house.

I agree and am going to do the same thing. I understand not having the director's comments because it's hard to get them all logistically in a studio somewhere to record these... but why not at least bring back the percussion and guard cams along with the percussion judge and music judge (something like that)? I know A LOT of people that purchase these dvd's because of the percussion cam/judge - plus these are good learning tools for high school students to watch them (percussion / guard ) the entire show.

still haven't gotten mine yet, and not thrilled with percussion commentary gone. not only was it used to help kids, it also was a tool for judges to listen to and grow from.

I never watched the extra camera angles, so I don't mourn their loss. Hi-cam for the drill and mult-cam for the personal touches is just fine with me. Having extra audio would be nice, but I'd prefer to hear from the GE judges, who we can all get behind. As a horn guy, having the percussion judge on there didn't really do much for me.