2009 Shows?

PrfctTimeOfDay

the fabulous santa clara vanguard winter guard will present "the kiss" for their 2009 program.

21 talented and experienced performers will execute to the music "9 crimes" by damien rice and "the kiss" by jon vanderkolff.the production will explore and embrace the beauty,complexity and conflict surrounding a single kiss.

i immediately thought of the famous masterpiece by austrian artist gustav klimt titled "the kiss" from 1908,it was klimt's expression and exploration of fullfillment and the redeeming transformative power of love and art.

Edited by dugg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fabulous santa clara vanguard winter guard will present "the kiss" for their 2009 program.

21 talented and experienced performers will execute to the music "9 crimes" by damien rice and "the kiss" by jon vanderkolff.the production will explore and embrace the beauty,complexity and conflict surrounding a single kiss.

i immediately thought of the famous masterpiece by austrian artist gustav klimt titled "the kiss" from 1908,it was klimt's expression and exploration of fullfillment and the redeeming transformative power of love and art.

wow. . .scv may now have my favorite show concept. . .9 crimes is an amazing piece of music with its double meanings about love, betryal, loss, confusion, regret. . etc. The video itself is a masterpiece with all kinds of double meanings and subtle imagery. . .especially the floating head! I have my own take on what I think the video and song is about. . . .I'll attach below so you can make up your own minds....but I can't wait to see what scv does with it!!! :music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQZqJ6Kj-t4

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

i agree per SCV [both scv and logan world were performing in cuppertino cali tonight] and i can't wait to see what avon h.s. is going to do with mahler i believe they had a 76.something at their first show! :music:

Edited by dugg

• 2 weeks later...

i have recently found myself suppressing my gag relex while reading several of the winter guard show descriptions on wgi.org. :worthy:

so many offer verbose and ridiculous explanations and desperate attempts to attach bogus intellectual properties to their often lackluster programs.combine that with a gullible judging community that gives complete credence to them meanwhile unable to differentiate the wheat from the chaff,B.S.from reality or quality from crap. :thumbup:

Edited by dugg

From their website:

Northeast Presents "The Rain Before Dawn"

music by Explosions in the sky and Jonathan Elias

Hate to say it. But in the dance world explosions in the sky is WAYYYYYYY over done. I am weary but still open minded and that's

mostly just due to the positive response from CGP posters (especially if they are moving better this year)

i'm thrilled to report that east coast designer jerry corradino is staging south shore drill team's open class guard's 2009 production titled "yes we can" using the music,"thunder" from "nuttin but string's" and will feature president elect obama's acceptance speech layered over the soundtrack.the open guard will consist of between 22 and 24 performers.mr. corradino is assisted by katie armstrong formerly of st. ann's [soundtrack construction and execution] and john leonard of "blast" and "the cadets" on movement and weapon tech.

you can see the fantastic south shore drill team at the indy,dayton and nashville regionals as well as mid-west color guard circuit.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE SSDT!!!!! I saw them for the first time in 1989 (showing my age!) when they used to come up to Canada for our Ontario Champtionships!! WOO Somewhere I have a pair of autographed track pants!! We also did Drum Corps parades in Evanston IL back in the day, adn hung out with them in the 90's in Dayton - one of the Mom's remembered me from '89 when I was so little!

(I even remember the McDonald's menu song, and Ferris Bueller's day off!!! Little known SSDT trivia??)

Cant' wait to see you all again!!!!!

i have recently found myself suppressing my gag relex while reading several of the winter guard show descriptions on wgi.org. :worthy:

so many offer verbose and ridiculous explanations and desperate attempts to attach bogus intellectual properties to their often lackluster programs.combine that with a gullible judging community that gives complete credence to them meanwhile unable to differentiate the wheat from the chaff,B.S.from reality or quality from crap. :thumbup:

Amen! I have noticed that most of the recent show announcements have tended towards the esoteric, abstract, and pseudo-intellectual. If you need Cliff Notes to understand a winterguard show, it's too complicated.

Amen! I have noticed that most of the recent show announcements have tended towards the esoteric, abstract, and pseudo-intellectual. If you need Cliff Notes to understand a winterguard show, it's too complicated.

Good god, I just went to read the ones on the front page and WHEW. I like mature ideas but man I don't know how they plan to portray some of those

ideas on the floor.

Maybe we'll be in for a pleasant surprise.

Hate to say it. But in the dance world explosions in the sky is WAYYYYYYY over done. I am weary but still open minded and that's

mostly just due to the positive response from CGP posters (especially if they are moving better this year)

Then I guess its a good thing they use Flags, Rifles, and Sabres to liven it up a bit.