The 3rd Annual Before Audition Camps Top 12 Predictions

Of course, this will probably be WAY wrong come August, as most peoples will be, but hey, what else is there to do right now? Nothing.

1.) Cadets

2.) Phantom

3.) Crown

4.) Cavies

5.) BD

6.) Bluecoats

7.) SCV

8.) Blue Stars

9.) Boston

10.) Glassmen

11.) Crossmen

12.) Blue Knights

13.) Colts

14.) Spirit

15.) Troopers

16.) Madison

17.) Pacific Crest

18.) Jersey Surf - but pushing and coming close to making semi's

19.) Academy

20.) Cascades

21.) Pioneer - with the right design with Balmages' music, I think they can do it

22.) Mandarins

23.) Cap Reg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at everyone's predictions I gave 12 points for 1st and 1 point for 12th (seeing as not everyone did all of world class, plus I didn't know someone had already done this until I got to page 7) Here is what the DCPers think:

367.....The Cadets

328.....Blue Devils

326.....Carolina Crown

320.5...Phantom Regiment

295.....The Cavaliers

239.....Santa Clara Vanguard

216.5...Bluecoats

154.....Blue Stars

112.....Boston Crusaders

105.....Madison Scouts

080.....Blue Knights

058.....Crossmen

Other points

040.....Glassmen

022.....Colts

015.....Troopers

014.....Seattle Cascades

013.....Pioneer

009.....Spirit

007.....Jersey Surf

004.....Academy

Yes, it's slow here at work today.

Edited by Ex VK DM

1. Phantom Regiment - Though I loved Regiments show last year (who didn't), there was still much room for improvement. Repeating is always tough, but this corps will get a nice bump in talent because of their championship. The staff has pretty much stayed in check, and they have arguably the best drum program in the country. This will be a competitive top tier with no clear cut favorite going into Nationals. In the end, Regiment nips the Cavaliers.

2. Cavaliers - Despite the staff changes they've reloaded with some proven winners. The talent level will still be there, and this corps was arguably the cleanest corps on the field in Bloomington. Like the Dev's, they have a chip on their shoulder, and anyone with an attitude gets my vote. Point spread less then .2

3. Carolina Crown - I've heard rumors about their 2009 production, and if its true, it will be an amazing show. Great book, great staff, and high brass in 2009 will get them above a score of 97. In the end, just not enough gas in the tank to get to Regiment or the Green Machine. Less then .7 out of first place. Their first "crown" is not too far off.

4. Santa Clara Vanguard - After several years on shaky ground, one of the activities premiere groups will begin its rise back into the upper tier in 2008. But in order to succeed both the kids and the new staff have to sell it. Horn line will be the big question mark. Drums and guard will be very competitive and keep them in the hunt. Having Key Poulan back always helps too.

5. Blue Devils - Another corps with a chip on their shoulder, however, show design will kill them this year. They need to become more fan friendly and improve their visual program to reclaim the top spot. Look for them to challenge for high drums and guard.

6. Holy Name Cadets - Will Lenny help them return to glory? Not this year. A major shake up in the drum staff, coupled with 40 age-outs from 2009 will make this a tough season for Hop and crew. They will be competitive through the end of July. Then the others will begin to make their move, slowly picking them off one at a time. They might be sixth, but they'll be a #### good sixth place corps.

7. Blue Stars - Here's another corps on the rise, and I predict a fantastic season, with more than a few instances where they beat the Cadets in head-to head match-ups. An up year could mean the difference between future success or hanging out in the bottom half of the top 12 for a few years.

8. Madison Scouts - Back in the top 12, this corps is poised to make a run. Returning staff and a good portion of their horn line gives them a nudge into a tight 7th through 10th place battle.

9. Boston Crusaders - This corps will struggle to get out of the gate this season, but the seasoned staff will have them turned around before they get to Indy. Much to be done to improve a weak visual program.

10. Bluecoats - A transition year to be sure, the drum line will carry this corps through the season. No real danger of falling out of the top 12, but this season will leave them with more questions than answers. The spread between 7th and 10th will be less then 1.5.

11. Blue Knights - Like the Bluecoats, more questions than answers for this group, which will squeak into finals at the last second.

12. Troopers - America's Corps returns to final for the first time in over 20 years.

VERY BOLD Prediction:

1. Phantom Regiment

2. Carolina Crown

3. Holy Name Cadets

4. Cavaliers

5. Bluecoats

6. SCV

7. Blue Devils

8. Blue Stars

9. Madison Scouts

10. Jersey Surf

11. Crossmen

12. Boston Crusaders

1. Cavaliers

2. Blue Devils

3. Crown

4. Phantom

5. Cadets (even with their Hollieness)

6. Santa Clara Vanguard

7. Bluecoats

8. Blue Knights

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Bluestars

11. Madison Scouts

12. Crossmen

1. Phantom Regiment ....they have arguably the best drum program in the country, world, UNIVERSE.

Fixed.

Rennick and company have got their #### together in Rockford. Not many percussion sections have ever seen the consistency of excellence the guys at Phantom have had since 2005. They have had 4 extremely solid years in a row.

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets

3. Cavaliers

4. Phantom Regiment

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Carolina Crown

7. Blue Coats

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Stars

10. Madison Scouts

11. Spirit

12. Glassmen

13. Blue Knights

14. Troopers

15. Colts

16. Crossmen

17. Jersey Surf

18. Pacific Crest

19. The Academy

20. Capital Regiment

21. Cascades

22. Pioneers

23. Mandarins

I'm pulling for Surf getting that 17 spot :)