Colts in Presidential Inauguration Parade?

Denver Blue Knights were at the 1985 Inauguration, but 9 degree weather forced a cancellation of the parade. It ended up being a $75,000 camp, flying more than halfway across the country.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iowa really launched the Obama campaign last January, so it would be fitting to have an Iowa group marching in the parade. I would hate to have to participate in any outside parade rehersals in Iowa in January. :rolleyes:

Edited by mcjordansc

Support the COLTS DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS in a potential appearance in the INAUGURATION DAY PARADE!

Let's go, Red Team! We can do this!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Colts-Obamas...51178185?ref=nf

PLEASE help the cause and let's get the RED TEAM in the game!!

This means everything to me, personally. Please consider taking the time to help!

Send a copy of the letter on the wall to one of the contacts listed lower on the page!

DCP, help the Colts make it to the parade! :D

Support the COLTS DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS in a potential appearance in the INAUGURATION DAY PARADE!

Let's go, Red Team! We can do this!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Colts-Obamas...51178185?ref=nf

PLEASE help the cause and let's get the RED TEAM in the game!!

This means everything to me, personally. Please consider taking the time to help!

Send a copy of the letter on the wall to one of the contacts listed lower on the page!

DCP, help the Colts make it to the parade! :D

As an Obama supporter of major magnitude myself, and a head seamstress for the Colts (uniforms), I'm certainly ready and willing to get the corps into uniform and proudly representing Iowa and the Drum Corps Community in DC at this all important event! The Colts had a fantastic free day in DC last summer and I cannot imagine any greater honor than to perform for the country and Barack!

there is a group of some type (not just musical) representing every state in the union...in fact that's part of the point of this parade.

is Iowa weather in January any worse than outside in Washington DC? somehow i doubt it.

Sometimes it's quite nice here in DC in January, but I have a feeling it's gonna be pretty cold this year. We've already had a few flurries the last couple days along with temps in the 30's and 40's which is a little colder than usual at this tie of year.

there is a group of some type (not just musical) representing every state in the union...in fact that's part of the point of this parade.

is Iowa weather in January any worse than outside in Washington DC? somehow i doubt it.

Well, let's look into this. The average January high temp in Dubuque is 25 degrees. In DC, it is 42 degrees. Though there can be wide ranges and you never know what will happen, I would say, yes, the weather in Iowa, in January, most days, is worse than DC.