Thoughts and Prayers Please - Cozy Baker Hospitalized

JohnD

I am Joe, Cozy's brother, and I wanted to thank everyone for their positive thoughts and prayers. I am also new to DCP. Once he gets to read all these postings he will be very appreciative as I am. Hairbear has kept everyone pretty much up to date. Our sister, Jill and her husband Jerry are probably at the hospital as I write this posting. I am in OH. She was a bit closer in FL and retired, better able to respond since I am still in the ranks of the employed.

They got the news late last Tuesday and got to the Hospital on Thursday afternoon. He is doing better. While he is in the CCU unit, visitors are only allowed into the room on the odd hours, except for 7AM & 7PM during shift changes with 9PM being the last time for visitors. They are only allowed to visit for about 20 - 30 min. Due to the precautions due to the infection he arrived with, all visitors must enter wearing gloves and a gown. Honestly, we think that Cozy is very uncomfortable and will probably be very difficult once they remove the Ventilator. He is aware and fighting, but, his lungs are not quite recovered yet. I would recommend anyone who wants to send flowers to wait a bit until he gets into a regular room, I may be wrong, but, I don't think they will allow them in the CCU.

Thanks to everyone and keep Cozy in your thoughts and prayers. :tongue:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Joe for taking a moment to give us an update ... and welcome to Drum Corps Planet. As you've seen, the drum corps community has a HUGE heart and Cozy a big part of that community. Please let him know that we're all thinking of him and sending our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Welcome to the DCP family.

-john

My thoughts and prayers, as well as all of us in the Derby City Knights (he's joined at a couple performances), are headed Coy's way! God speed, sir and keep getting better!

I had the great fortune to meet Cozy for the first time at the DCA South regional in Douglasville. It was truly wonderful to chat with him - he has such a great depth of understanding and experience, a passion for Drum Corps in all it's various facets, and a fine sense of humor to boot. Get well soon Cozy!

jay & the Austin Stars

Honestly, we think that Cozy is very uncomfortable and will probably be very difficult once they remove the Ventilator.

You think? :tongue:

Welcome to the DCP family.Cozy is a character but he is our kind of character.

I am Joe, Cozy's brother, and I wanted to thank everyone for their positive thoughts and prayers. I am also new to DCP. Once he gets to read all these postings he will be very appreciative as I am. Hairbear has kept everyone pretty much up to date. Our sister, Jill and her husband Jerry are probably at the hospital as I write this posting. I am in OH. She was a bit closer in FL and retired, better able to respond since I am still in the ranks of the employed.

They got the news late last Tuesday and got to the Hospital on Thursday afternoon. He is doing better. While he is in the CCU unit, visitors are only allowed into the room on the odd hours, except for 7AM & 7PM during shift changes with 9PM being the last time for visitors. They are only allowed to visit for about 20 - 30 min. Due to the precautions due to the infection he arrived with, all visitors must enter wearing gloves and a gown. Honestly, we think that Cozy is very uncomfortable and will probably be very difficult once they remove the Ventilator. He is aware and fighting, but, his lungs are not quite recovered yet. I would recommend anyone who wants to send flowers to wait a bit until he gets into a regular room, I may be wrong, but, I don't think they will allow them in the CCU.

Thanks to everyone and keep Cozy in your thoughts and prayers. :smile:

Joe,

Thank you for your update :smile:

Welcome to DCP! :ph34r:

Continued prayers and well wishes to Cozy.... :tongue:

Edited by TennTux

My first meeting with Cozy was his attendance at a CV Open House. We were in the Rockmart cafeteria, and I was running around as a newer section leader "like a chicken with it's head cut off". Cozy came in (I'm sure) just to hang out and play, but somehow I convinced him to stick around the season.

I'm only 42, but Cozy figured out a way to make me feel old pretty much right away. Never at a lack for energy, vibrance, and a great attitude, he was always at rehearsal on time (unless DCW had him otherwise tasked) and he always let us know in advance. He was the epitome of a section player, a pleasure to have in my section.

Since, I've known Cozy as journalist, traveling companion, fellow Flag Code aficionado, patriot, and (albeit distant) friend.

Usually when I hear from him, he's doing what he can to get housing for corps, or trying to get equipment to help replace bad or lost/stolen equipment; Trying to get judges to judge on DCA sheets in DCI exhibitions, and working for the general welfare of Drum Corps everywhere.

Sure, our beloved Cozy is and can be a character to be sure, but his blood runs hot red with the love of drum corps, the life it can provide for young people, joy it can provide for us all-agers, and the nostalgia it serves to it's Alumni. Never have I seen passion so strong for and directed toward the activity from one person as I have Cozy Baker.

I count it an honor to call him friend.

Get well soon, brother. "105".

I met Cozy at LMS Campbell, CA early '06 and was amazed at his vibrancy and ability to play with a class act Renegade Horn line, no problem! He was so friendly and really enjoyed being there as a guest performer! I could have talked with him for hours and I look forward to that opportunity! My prayers to our Lord will be a triple forte! Love ya, Coz, Kelley Marie (Renegades snare drummer '05,'06, '07)