I was there when...........

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there when...

...when the Bridgemen took the field in exhibition without pants at the 1979 Dream Contest

...as a member of the 81 Garfield Cadets, we beat the Bridgemen at Midwest Finals for the first time in dog years.

...George Zingali taught his frst rehearsal with the Garfield Cadets.

...as a member of the 82 Garfield Cadets, we beat the defending DCI champion SCV in Huntington, WV for the first time ever.

...we saw snow flurries outside Olympic Stadium in Montreal when warming up for DCI Finals in 1982

...the 82 Bridgemen came off the field in Pittsfield, MA and the drumline received only 1 tick for the whole show

...The Cadets won 8 of their 9 DCI titles....missing only 1983.

...Suncoast played "The Lick" in 1985

...The 27th Lancers alumni corps made me cry at their 1994 exhibition

...Star of Indiana performing with Canadian Brass received 2 standing ovations at Lincoln Center in NYC. All we could talk about was how this would be a defining moment for them and the activity.

...The Cadets held the first Cadet Marching Band Invitational in 1988, meant to be a one-time only fundraiser, and has grown and evolved into the present day USSBA

...Les Etoiles upset the heavily favored Pioneer to win the 1996 Div II World Championship

I was there when the Cadets performed at the Olympics, and got called a marching band by the announcer >.<