DCPI-11 Season Discussion

Unspecified's performance in Toledo last night was completely unacceptable.

We are spending today re-writing significant portions of the show, and we intend to be back on top this week.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a good couple weeks of reflection we feel all three groups are now on the right track.

Hopefully we can gain momentum heading into Hawaii starting today (actually tomorrow)

On a different note, for those of you who get the DCI Today magazine. That good looking young Trooper on the cover of the latest edition is my son. Pretty cool!!

Could Firebird be making a surprise surge into finals? After a little bit of tweaking in the program, Firebird's scores are at the highest point they have been all season :tongue: And we continue to lead the scores in music, with the hornline continuing to bring people to their feet in the balad and final moments of the closer. The staff has been closely watching the corps' progress all week and will continue to make some brief changes into finals week. Good luck to everyone as the season continues to heat up! :sumo:

Dude,  Open	36.52	23.86	24.42	0.00	84.802
Glory  Open	37.30	23.55	23.95	0.00	84.800

That's almost as close as you can get... and I'm happy to be on top. ;)

I saw a 0.001 difference between two corps at the same show earlier this season while doing my rankings.

I don't mind being 2nd, especially when it's by only 0.002. As long as that doesn't happen at Finals. :laughing:

The Glory of Music corps are coming on strong now. Polaris topped 89 at that same show. I have high hopes for the rest of the season.

Glory of Music wasn't far from sweeping the FANFARE Championships, either, with all three corps within a half-point of 1st at the show.

Glory of Polaris, 88.506, 4th place World, 0.426 out of 1st.

Glory of Eden, 84.376, 2nd place Open, 0.111 out of 1st.

Glory of Aurora, 82.182, 3rd place A, 0.256 out of 1st.

We'll be sure to eat some mints (since we're breathing down your neck). :tongue:

The Stud Bolts, Screws, and Bolts are all staying competitive. The goal is to win but with the competition the way it is, making finals in all three divisions would be awesome.

Some day I may figure out some of the secrets of the top groups. They are very good.