DCPI-11 Season Discussion

After a horrific start, Fusaders won their Division at Hershey, PA yesterday. It makes the entire SoCru Organization happy to show that these kids will strive to get better.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch, some program rewrites didn't sit well with judges at our home show, and Inferno actually dropped a couple tenths from its last show. Those rewrites are being rewritten as we speak. :thumbup: In other news, Blaze leads all rookie Open Class corps. Kudos to the good start, let's keep that momentum going all the way to Hawaii. Last, but not least, Flame is meeting our pre-season expecations nicely, and they are only improving.

Well it was a shoot out between the top 4 ranked Open class corps in Corvalis, Oregon, on Saturday night. Only 0.91 points separated the 4 corps. The undefeated Star of Hawaii remained so by topping the field of 8 corps with a score of 76.735. Right on their heels, in this early part of the season, grabbing the silver medal, was Providence with a score of 76.543. VK Too took the bronze with a score of 76.279. Finishing just out of the medals with a score of 75.825 was Dude, Where’s My Corps?

Edit: Oops sorry. My bad........ten lashes has been self administered.

Edited by Ex VK DM

Finishing just out of the medals with a score of 75.825 was Dude, Where’s My Car?

I know where my car is, but... dude, where's my corps???

"ten lasses has been self administered." You have given yourself 10 lasses, man you are player, LOLOL:), El Gigante Staff is very happy with our show results so far this year, the kids have been working hard, and the scores show it. Keep up the good work everyone. and Bill leave the "LASSES" alone

Well it was a shoot out between the top 4 ranked Open class corps in Corvalis, Oregon, on Saturday night. Only 0.91 points separated the 4 corps. The undefeated Star of Hawaii remained so by topping the field of 8 corps with a score of 76.735. Right on their heels, in this early part of the season, grabbing the silver medal, was Providence with a score of 76.543. VK Too took the bronze with a score of 76.279. Finishing just out of the medals with a score of 75.825 was Dude, Where’s My Corps?

Edit: Oops sorry. My bad........ten lasses has been self administered.

Edited by mr fabulous

Wow, Bill, bad day? :devil: Inferno is floundering right now, but they don't compete again until Friday in Seattle (sorry Mitch, but we REALLY wanna go to Alaska :devil: ), so that's five days of rehearsal between Mobile and Seattle that we get to use to improve and implement some changes. Good news is, it's not the music that's the problem, which is what we pride ouselves on. We will work all season to enhance the visual package. Blaze has been doing well, but they didn't go over well with judges in Mobile (we introduced a huge impact moment in the opener for the first time in competition, complete with giant rifle toss and insane drill to the finish of the movement, and let's just say it has more falls than Niagara). Flame is chugging along, steadily improving at a pace that we are all content with. Blaze and Flame will compete twice more this week, including tonight in Gulfport, before the regional in Orlando.

The staff of Firebird are considering show rewrites after the corps once again finished in the bottom 2. "Its a hard choice because we continue to lead the scores in music," says corps director Connor Pack. "We will wait untill the judging change before making any real changes. Hopefully we can pull up our score by then.

In other news, the Firebird Cadets are wrapping up their extra week of rehearsal in time for a Christmas party on the 25th, and will be returning to competion on the 26th.

Thanks Mitch, VK Org. is having an unusually successful early season. Things normally don't get going until after the regionals, so we'll see how the rest of the season pans out.

I'll go ahead and jinx myself by saying VK³ is still undefeated with one more show before the West Regional (Spokane, WA).