DCPI-11 Season Discussion

Some day I may figure out some of the secrets of the top groups. They are very good.

I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case it quite literally is trial and error. I made a spreadsheet of all the championship week scores for every corps the past three seasons, then sorted it by the corresponding "cost" per DCPI.

Since then, I've been studying that spreadsheet for weeks, trying to see where I can trim cost in one category for a small loss to get a bigger gain in another category (and believe me, every tenth helps!)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case it quite literally is trial and error. I made a spreadsheet of all the championship week scores for every corps the past three seasons, then sorted it by the corresponding "cost" per DCPI.

Since then, I've been studying that spreadsheet for weeks, trying to see where I can trim cost in one category for a small loss to get a bigger gain in another category (and believe me, every tenth helps!)

I guess its no secret. Thats basically what I've done. However you guys seem to have a knack for getting the most out of your groups.

Although I did take a Gold last night in Little Rock.

There's no question, most if not all of the "top players" have a spreadsheet of some kind for score reference and comparison, myself included.

Edited by Chris Rohn

Ditto

There's no question, most if not all of the "top players" have a spreadsheet of some kind for score reference and comparison, myself included.

In all 5 titles, I have never used a spreadsheet although I've joked of a super spreadsheet. That's why I'm for a certain amount of randomness in the formula to get scores. Makes it a little more fun versus the race to get the best caption in. Offseasons need a little randomness our it is simply find the best captions and get them in first.

Now one advantage I have is that I've done this for 12 years! I just have a nack at remebering captions and know how to find value nobody else seems to find. Remember DCPI 6?

Edited by CloudHype

In all 5 titles, I have never used a spreadsheet although I've joked of a super spreadsheet. That's why I'm for a certain amount of randomness in the formula to get scores. Makes it a little more fun versus the race to get the best caption in. Offseasons need a little randomness our it is simply find the best captions and get them in first.

Now one advantage I have is that I've done this for 12 years! I just have a nack at remebering captions and know how to find value nobody else seems to find. Remember DCPI 6?

I agree!!

Yes the magic values. I remember wayyyy back there was the magic Trooper score we all use to use...was bang for buck...Mus Ens I think.

Wait a minute....this is an off season? And furthermore, the off season has started?

Welcome. :thumbs-up:

("Off season" meaning generated scores, as opposed to "live season" based off active stats from the summer tour. Not to be confused with off-season, when DCPI isn't running.)

Hm... I guess the adjustments to the music and the staging helped beyond words. We came out firing on all cylinders in Oklahoma City.

So my corps have been having a decent season so far. Kadence had a nice win streak and swept the regionals.

But we're starting to plateau a bit, so I figure that now's a good time for our FIRST caption changes of the year. :thumbs-up: