WHY DCA is in Rochester, N.Y.

will Gillette have the outrageous parking fees like they did for DCI?

all the ticket prices have come down since the Patriot Place mall opened!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will Gillette have the outrageous parking fees like they did for DCI?

Did Foxboro put in a bid?

Because Boston doesnt have a proven DCA fan base, it would be a substantial gamble IMHO. There are no DCA corps from anywhere close to Boston, either. Mass Brass is a mini corps from that area, and a couple of very good alumni corps could possibly represent, but still I would think of it as a long shot to draw DCA fans like Rochester does. So you end up with a big, high priced stadium with a small crowd on one side of the stdium. The stadium is too big, IMHO.

Donny

i do agree Donnie, i was trying to be facetious. Since DCA is holding back on who bid, we'll just have to speculate.

Gillette would be like Winston Salem looked...way too big

i do agree Donnie, i was trying to be facetious. Since DCA is holding back on who bid, we'll just have to speculate.

Gillette would be like Winston Salem looked...way too big

All in good time.... Soon... Soon.....

When you add up all the variables, I doubt that any city can come close to persuading the voting members to leave Rochester anytime in the near future.

There are so many things that Rochester has over any other venue.

Major airport

Plenty of good hotels

Drum Corps friendly stadium

Ample practice facilities

Highly experienced local committee

Mayor and County Executive willing to do what it takes

Best I&E venue ever

Friendly Police

Great selection of restaurants and bars

Central to most corps

Huge crowds to all events (even with escalating ticket prices)

I have just scratched the surface, but the two most important things that put Rochester at the top of the list are:

The fans and the performers leave Rochester with fond memories of the weekend (Not horror stories about brown shirts or having to stay 30 miles away from the venue and so on).

And most importantly, the corps are able to divide more profits than any other venue in DCA Championships history.

Granted other cities might have a bigger stadium or better hotels or better this or that, but when you look at the big picture, Rochester stands head and shoulders above all others.

Someone always raises the issue of the stadium being in a bad area of the city. Yes, but with the police presence all around, I have not heard of a single person bothered or any cars stripped. Where else can the corps stand in the streets and play really loud at 11pm and not be shut down?

I say viva Ra-Cha-Cha

Happy New Year to all

When you add up all the variables, I doubt that any city can come close to persuading the voting members to leave Rochester anytime in the near future.

There are so many things that Rochester has over any other venue.

Major airport

Plenty of good hotels

Drum Corps friendly stadium

Ample practice facilities

Highly experienced local committee

Mayor and County Executive willing to do what it takes

Best I&E venue ever

Friendly Police

Great selection of restaurants and bars

Central to most corps

Huge crowds to all events (even with escalating ticket prices)

I have just scratched the surface, but the two most important things that put Rochester at the top of the list are:

The fans and the performers leave Rochester with fond memories of the weekend (Not horror stories about brown shirts or having to stay 30 miles away from the venue and so on).

And most importantly, the corps are able to divide more profits than any other venue in DCA Championships history.

Granted other cities might have a bigger stadium or better hotels or better this or that, but when you look at the big picture, Rochester stands head and shoulders above all others.

Someone always raises the issue of the stadium being in a bad area of the city. Yes, but with the police presence all around, I have not heard of a single person bothered or any cars stripped. Where else can the corps stand in the streets and play really loud at 11pm and not be shut down?

I say viva Ra-Cha-Cha

Happy New Year to all

What He said...... :thumbdown: Rochester Rules !!!!

One thing that was cool last year, my brother and I drove up to Rochester from Texas and not only is his company's world headquarters based in Rochester, it's RIGHT next to the DCA area and he was able to use his employee ID to get us free parking LOL