Cadets Opener Clip

FTNK

Excuse my ignorance but are they doing a retrospect this year for their anniversary? If not, then I can only say "been there, done that". Many accuse The Cavaliers of "the same old, same old" but it seems I have heard this from the Cadets a dozen times over the last 30 years.

If they are, then I'll cut them some slack because I love WSS.... no matter who's playing it..... a long as they march it, not perform a musical on a football field like 94. 84 was great.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IF they make the show creative and interesting and pull out some obscure Bernstein stuff that will be cool. I can't stand WSS, I've heard it way too many times, but maybe they'll pull an old-school show out of this.

I just don't want them to take a year off creatively for the sake of their anniversary. By creativity I'm not talking about narration or electronics - I just want to see another new direction when all the other corps seem to be stagnant.

I said "been there done that" when I heard Phantom was doing Spartacus again last year. Good thing I was open minded enough to give them a shot to make something fresh out of it. It was easily my favorite show of 2008.

Ummm, sorry, not even close. Revisiting a "theme" is not the same thing as revisiting music. Bernie is over done IMO. There is probably a lot of Bernie people don't play, why?

Harmonically complex which is interesting to a point. I hope they don't bury the beautiful melodic lines.

What do you mean?

Probably . . .singing, yes (a la 2006 ballad)

Narration (a la 2007/8), no.

Just a guess there. . .and, if it's done well, that's cool with me.

It'll definitely seem like the narrative excesses of the past few years have been reigned in a bit if that turns out to be the case.