Cadets Opener Clip

FTNK

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definitely the off-season. Griping about a minute of prelude music and how Bernstein is over done and WSS is over played, blah, blah, blah....

I for one think it's cool they release these clips throughout the winter. We all know it's going to sound different come August. We all know it's going to include some "standards". But can we at least wait until the show is on the field before we start the "been there/done that" meme?

And for the record, from what I understand, the voice in the show will be quotes of Bernstein. Have not heard anything about singing.

And for the record, from what I understand, the voice in the show will be quotes of Bernstein.

Oh OK, I'll wait until 2010 to see the Cadets then if this is indeed the case.

Edited by Hrothgar15

Oh OK, I'll wait until 2010 to see the Cadets then if this is indeed the case.

Nice to see some things never change.

I know it's just me but, Cadets doing Bernstein = whatever. Been there, done that, I don't need another version of "variations on a Bernstein theme." Like I said, it's just me.

That's true, but for most of the older generation. A lot of the younger generation has not heard too much of WSS. I'm mainly speaking for myself. I mean I have seen it in the old DVDs. But I am keeping an open mind both ways on this show. It may not be good, or it may be excellent; I am hoping for the latter. I am reserving most of my judgement until the season comes.

That was listed as a "Prelude" to the opener.

Is that going to be played before the actual show starts?

It's a "Prelude" to the opener (pre = before; before the opener...it's apart of the show :shutup: ).

And to all those people complaining about Bernstein/WSS, hey at least Cadets gave you something early to talk about. They could have just kept the music and the show to themselves and we could be sitting up here making up new topics to talk about. Perhaps how aliens are taking over drum corps? :thumbup:

Edited by 2000Cadet

you guys are hilarious!

the corps could come out and do the (insert your favorite year here) show VERBATIM and you would find something wrong with it!

Your unmitigated attempt to fall on your sword every Cadets thread is pretty hilarious as well.

It's opinions. People have them. :thumbup: