Best closers in a show

I am suprised that 99 Madison hasn't gotten any love yet. True they had home field advantage that year so the crowd was behind them obviously. But something about that ending gives me chills everytime i see it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

98 Madison

88 Madison

00 Cadets

00 Cavies

03 BD

89 SCV

92 SCV

97 Madison

Two off the top of my head:

Santa Clara Vanguard 1989 - Music of the Night

Phantom Regiment 2008 - Spartacus

-1990 Star of Inidiana is my overall favorite.

- Favorite tags after the show as the corps exits- 1987 Cadets, 1988 Blue Devils and 1993 Bluecoats.

-(Actually suprised BD 1988 has not been mentioned much in this thread).

- Favoite fun or entertaining closers to watch - 1988 & 1995 Madison Scouts, 2008 PR & 1991 Crossmen (love that Crossmen drum feature in the closer).

Favorite visual/drill endings :

-1991 Star of Indiiana

- 1998 Cadets

- 1991 Cavaliers

Edited by Dmlkmen

Im surprised no has mentioned the last 90 seconds of the 84 Madison show, what a hornline :worthy:

also worth mentioning:

92 Vanguard

88 Madison

91 Phantom

92 Cavaliers

80 Spirit

96 Madison

97 Phantom

1975 Santa Clara Vanguard

2000 Cadets

1988 Blue Devils

1984 Garfield Cadets

27th Lancers "Danny Boy" Pick a year.

Good call. Not nearly enough love for this. Death Hunt was a brutal, bombastic, in your face from start to finish piece that was so bad ### that I'm surprised the Regiment played it. Way too underrated. IMO

That was just a bad ### show to begin with. Following the 92 show especially. I almost got to do 93. Oops. They were louder. We played in tune. Except for...

I kinda liked the 94 version a little better...the one bar battery on the last snap turn hightened the mood....and ALMOST offset the really BAD baritone right before it...horrid tone, there...the battery was cleaner at the end in 94 as well.

...one particular note. Too bad it just happened to be at an opportune time on the FINALS recording!

That's why I didn't pick it. That bari was WAY over the top!

That would be Scott Cisco.

First I ever saw, still...91 Phantom Regiment...Bachanale, Samson & Delilah... :worthy:

Of course, I'm kind of partial to ours in 94, too cuz we performed the SNOT out of it! I came off the field completely out of breath and one of my fellow 92 SkyRyders members in the corps and I were asking each other, "Where did THAT come from???"

For those who missed it the first time...

Thanks for the love, guys! I'll write you all into my will next to Bawker (see signature!).

I think the differences between the two corps, despite the amazing similarities between the two shows, had to do with the nature of the rest of the shows. The Ginastera was balls out loud and other than Fire, the 93 show was more technical and louder...boy did they have the line for that! The 94 version was more musical, due to the inclusion of the Debussy...and let me tell you, it was sure fun hearing CC do THAT piece last summer! Almost made me cry. Our version was better for the other stuff...they probably played it better...the loud section at the end before we knelt backfield was just unnecessary...we didn't control that as well as the rest of the piece.

And as for the closer...like I said...other than ONE STINKIN' NOTE, 94 was FAR superior than 93. And Finals was so much more amazing than anything else we did any other night. Everyone was on that night. Just amazing. I guess that's what Finals is supposed to be, huh?

Shout out to 92 BD...good call, all who mentioned that one! Great show, 92 BD.

That was just a bad ### show to begin with. Following the 92 show especially. I almost got to do 93. Oops. They were louder. We played in tune. Except for...

...one particular note. Too bad it just happened to be at an opportune time on the FINALS recording!

Kinda like "The Frack"