Funniest rumors from retreat

Many of us can probably remember standing in line for retreat and hearing members from other corps talking about how Bob Barker died after he fell off his roof while taking down Christmas lights. Or how about when Britney Spears died.

The first time I heard Bob Barker died I believed it and even called my Mom and asked if she had heard. She said I was an idiot. I never believed it again. Is he still alive?

I think I kind of laughed when I heard about Britney Spears.

Ronald Reagan really did die in 2004 though.

What other awesome rumors came out of the retreat lines or anywhere else?

-Mike Gough

Director, America's Core

purchase today at www.troopersdrumcorps.org/store

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Barker is still alive. ... Or maybe he's dead.

Schrödinger's Bob Barker.

Bob Barker is still alive. ... Or maybe he's dead.

Schrödinger's Bob Barker.

Before it was Bob Barker it was Bob Hope. First I heard of it was in 1987 when my brother's corps (who will remain nameless) was in retrete block next to Star about 2 weeks before finals. Someone asked someone in Star if they had heard Bob Hope had died. Next day Star's staff wanted to do a Bob Hope memorial at DCI Finals.

I am not making this up.

Your mother is correct if you believed Bob Barker died falling from a roof while taking down Christmas lights in the summer.

Hey, if Bob Barker has his Christmas lights up in the summer, he should be taking them down! :tongue:

When I heard that Bob Barker died, I seriously called all my friends and told them. When I found out that it was just a joke, I felt like the biggest idiot on the face of the planet! lol

Funniest rumor on retreat?

"Yo...Phantom is gonna win..."

:tongue: Just kidding!

"Hey, did you hear Star's coming back to DCI?!?!?!?"

After the first time I heard about Bob barker and then found out it wasn't true, I thought it was the funniest thing in the world. The next year I helped spread the rumor.

These are like drum corps traditions. They should never die, even when the people really do. What other famous Bob's can we prepare for?

Mike